At Revere Health, we value the health of our patients above all else. As the largest independent multi-specialty physician group in Utah, our healthcare system gives patients the best in communication, quality, coordination and innovation. Founded in 1960 in Provo, Utah, Revere Health has grown to include 29 medical specialties in over 100 locations throughout Utah, Arizona and Nevada.
As one of two Accountable Care Organizations accredited by Medicare in Utah, Revere Health offers a unique, patient-oriented approach to healthcare. We strive to keep medical costs at a minimum while providing the utmost in quality healthcare.
Revere Health: let’s live better.
Status: Full Time
Position: Medical Assistant/Scribe
Locations: American Fork and Provo
- Completion of accredited Medical Assistant program.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, prioritization and organization skills are necessary.
- Must be a self-starter and willing to work as a team player.
- Must be able to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
- Responds promptly, professionally and courteously to patient’s needs.
- Provides efficient effective patient care in compliance with clinic policies and procedures, legal and regulatory standards.
- Prepares patient for exam.
- Interviews patients, measures vital sign and records information in patient record.
- Makes sure all pertinent information is available to physician (i.e.: list of meds, reconcile meds, lab results, medication allergies, etc.).
- USE DAILY REPORT WITH EACH PT REVIEW, ADD AND ORDER ITEMS MISSING WITH QIS: EVERY PT DAILY
- Assists physician with procedures (i.e. Thyroid FNA/BX, etc.)
- Able to assist lifting patients out of wheelchairs and other weights up to 40 lbs.
- Administers injections.
- Maintains clean and orderly exam rooms.
- Ensures exam rooms are stocked with needed supplies and equipment.
- Cleans and sterilizes instruments following clinic policy and procedures.
- Inventories and coordinates ordering of medical supplies and materials.
- Schedules tests and procedures.
- Obtains pre-authorization from insurance companies when needed.
- Triages phone messages from patients.
- Reviews messages with physicians and responds as directed in a prompt and courteous manner.
- Obtains lab and test results for physician to review.
- Calls results to patients as indicated by physician in a prompt and courteous manner.
- Provides courteous and friendly service to all patients and contributes to a positive work environment.
- Calls prescriptions to pharmacies.
- Works as needed.
- Maintains CPR certification.
- Attends meetings as required.
- Scribe and prepare notes for physician.
Notes : Willing to work extra hours if needed. Must be a certified Medical Assistant.