At Revere Health, we value the health of our patients above all else. As the largest independent multi-specialty physician group in Utah, our healthcare system gives patients the best in communication, quality, coordination and innovation. Founded in 1960 in Provo, Utah, Revere Health has grown to include 29 medical specialties in over 100 locations throughout Utah, Arizona and Nevada.
As one of two Accountable Care Organizations accredited by Medicare in Utah, Revere Health offers a unique, patient-oriented approach to healthcare. We strive to keep medical costs at a minimum while providing the utmost in quality healthcare.
Revere Health: let’s live better.
We are seeking an APC with a strong business background to fill the role of Population Health Team Manager. The Population Health Team has been created to provide overall care redesign to improve patient outcomes through: Better engagement of patients in their own health, decreasing cost of care while improving quality of care, Reducing the burden and burnout of physicians and staff, and improved patient, provider and staff satisfaction. This is achieved by facilitating Team Based Health Care through coordination of the patient’s physician team and the extended team (Population Health Team) to meet the various needs of patients. The team will focus primarily on 4 main areas. The four main areas are: Gaps in Care Closure, Patients with Specific Chronic Co-Morbidities with Related High Costs, Post Discharge Follow up and Disease Education. Focus will be on patient outreach, patient engagement, provider and patient led strategies, intensive education specific to a patient’s clinical needs and overall well-being.
Job Responsibilities and Essential Functions
- Managing staff to ensure appropriate allocation and compliance with goals and objectives. Including hiring, training and ongoing development and supervision of personnel and operations which includes staffing, training, work flow analysis and performance management of a multidisciplinary team which encourages active participation from all members.
- Working with key stakeholders in practice operations and centralized support services to maximize patient contacts so gaps in care are addressed for 'every patient, every time.'
- Supports the development, integration and implementation of population health programs for the company in collaboration with clinic operations teams and management, under the direction and oversight of the Director of Clinical and Quality Services.
- Responsible for clinical expertise for specific complex and/or rising risk patient populations with a design to meet specific contractual and program related requirements. This role will oversee disease management, assessment of disease, care plan development and facilitation, referral to appropriate levels of care, etc.
- Establishes efficient workflows, policies and procedures, Communication and documentation standards to coordinate with all providers and members of the care team as needed to minimize fragmented care and foster appropriate utilization of services
- Implements evidence based guidelines for effective care management, including patient outreach, education, care transitions, and appropriate referrals to promote care plan adherence and transition to self-management.
- Actively participates in Revere Health committees related to high quality/low cost health care, internal and external provider relationships, and value-based contracts.
- Developing standard operating procedures (SOP), training plans, and job aids as necessary for SOP compliance
- Monitor quality and effectiveness of interventions to the population by setting long term and/or short-term specific, measurable goal(s).
- Responsible to achieve or exceed agreed upon organizational goals to include improved patient outcomes and reduction in utilization of health care resources
- Ensures system performance goals are achieved within budgetary, time and organizational parameters
- Responsible for maintaining current skills through self-development and relevant education
- Gathers and manages quantitative and qualitative patient data using EHR population registries and evidenced-based assessment tools. Report data as requested
- Provides regular updates and reports to the Population Health Team Provider, Director of Clinical and Quality Services, Sr. Administrative and Executive committees
- Licensed Advanced Practice Clinician with 5 years’ exp erience in primary care or Adult Medicine
- Required: Two years of supervisory or management experience directly in the field of healthcare quality performance improvement.
- Preferred - Three years of experience in population health program development, implementation and management.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work only. They are not an exhaustive list of all required responsibilities, duties, and skills. Other duties may be added, or this description amended at any time.