Certified Medical Coding Team Lead
|# of Openings:||1|
At Revere Health, we value the health of our patients above all else. As the largest independent multi-specialty physician group in Utah, our healthcare system gives patients the best in communication, quality, coordination and innovation. Founded in 1960 in Provo, Utah, Revere Health has grown to include 29 medical specialties in over 100 locations throughout Utah, Arizona and Nevada.
As one of two Accountable Care Organizations accredited by Medicare in Utah, Revere Health offers a unique, patient-oriented approach to healthcare. We strive to keep medical costs at a minimum while providing the utmost in quality healthcare.
Revere Health: let’s live better.
• High School Diploma/GED
• 2 years Medical Coding Experience
• Critical thinking skills, problems solving skills, follow-through skills, and the ability to see “the big picture”
• Ability to think strategically to lead and direct members of the team toward reaching goals
• Excellent professional communication skills
• High level of comfort with computer software and learning new programs – Proficiency with MS Office is a must
• Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of clinic/business office policies and procedures
• AAPC Coding Certification
• 2 year Team Lead experience in a medical business office setting
• Associates level college experience or higher
Description: The Certified Coding Team Lead is responsible for managing charge entry, patient visit reconciliation, and the coding patient accounts using diagnosis codes, ICD-10 codes, and HCPCS. This position reports directly to the Coding Manager.
As stated in the Business Office Purpose Statement, this position requires a commitment “…to deliver superior coding to the patients, physicians, and staff members that we serve.” The Certified Coding Team Lead directly contributes to reaching goals related to the 5 Key Metrics and the Business Office Purpose Statement
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
• Leads team efforts through setting a good example, communicating clearly, and setting goals around the 5 Key Metrics
• Coordinates the orientation and training schedule for new employees while monitoring progress
• Handles personnel issues related to hiring, scheduling, coaching, disciplining, and evaluating employees’ performance
• Accurately prepares and submits Personnel Action Forms to the appropriate representatives for processing
• Works daily coding assignments and coordinates backup coverage when employees are not present
• Coordinates with Auditor to monitor quality of work performed by team members.
• Takes on special projects as needed/assigned
• Demonstrate the Business Office Core Values of integrity, teamwork, dedication, quality, decision making, communication, and creative thinking (see performance review sheet for definitions)
• Demonstrate the Revere Health Core Values of initiative, respect, competency, financial responsibility, accountability, quality improvement, cooperation, problem solving, decision making, planning & organizing, and communication (see performance review sheet for definitions)
• Oversee POD meetings on a monthly basis following the framework model.
• Complete quarterly audits for each member of the team per Business Office guidelines; 30 day & 90 day audits for new hires
• Complete employee annual reviews within two weeks of the employee’s anniversary date
• Meet with each team member monthly to give feedback on strengths, weaknesses, accomplishments, & areas of improvement
• Is responsible for the success of the team in reaching individual, team, and Business Office goals; 5 Key Metrics
Note: There is one position available at this time for the Cardiology Team
Are you a returning applicant?
|Back to Search Results