At Revere Health, we value the health of our patients above all else. As the largest independent multi-specialty physician group in Utah, our healthcare system gives patients the best in communication, quality, coordination and innovation. Founded in 1969 in Provo, Utah, Revere Health has grown to include 30 medical specialties in over 100 locations throughout Utah, Arizona and Nevada.
As the first Accountable Care Organization (ACO) accredited by Medicare in Utah, and the only Next Generation ACO in the state, Revere Health offers a unique, patient-oriented approach to healthcare. We strive to keep medical costs at a minimum while providing the utmost in quality healthcare.
Revere Health: let’s live better.
Status : Full Time
Position: Medical Assistant/CNA
Department : Family Medicine Jones
Location : Provo
- Completion of accredited Medical Assistant program and be certified or have active certification.
- Must be able to type 40wpm.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, prioritization and organization skills are required.
- Must be a self-starter and a team player.
- Be friendly, outgoing and professional, provide courteous and friendly service to all patients and contributes to a positive work environment.
- Be able to work under pressure in a very busy medical office.
- Able to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations, excellent work ethic.
- Spanish speaking a plus, but not required.
- Facilitates good patient care under the supervision of the physician.
- Measures vital sign and records information in patient chart.
- Assists physician with procedures, administers injections, schedules tests and procedures, obtains pre-authorizations from insurance companies, triage patients, calls prescriptions to pharmacy, obtains lab and test results for physician.
- Puts in orders and referrals.
- Maintains clean and orderly exam rooms and work area, keeps exam rooms stocked with needed supplies and equipment, sterilizes instruments.
- Interviews patients and records pertinent materials in the patient note.
- Records previous history and present illness to include in the patient note.
- Manipulates electronic templates to fit the needs of the specific doctor.
- Updates patient’s information at each visit.
- Follows up, updates and completes reports.
- After consultation with the assigned coder recommends to the physician areas of improvement in effort to increase coding accuracy.
- Works with coder in providing information for periodic billing audits. Following up on audit results and implementing changes where necessary.
- Assists the physician in examining the patient and records the exam electronically on behalf of the physician.
- Completes all office notes and obtains electronic signature from the attending physician.
- Billing exams and orders electronically on behalf of the physician.
- Retrieves previous x-rays, office notes, and exam results.
- Takes incoming calls and schedules appointments.
- Other duties not yet assigned,
- This position is full time.
- Monday - Friday 7:30 am to 6 pm
- Some Saturdays