Laboratory Manager - F/T
|# of Openings:||1|
At Revere Health, we value the health of our patients above all else. As the largest independent multi-specialty physician group in Utah, our healthcare system gives patients the best in communication, quality, coordination and innovation. Founded in 1960 in Provo, Utah, Revere Health has grown to include 29 medical specialties in over 100 locations throughout Utah, Arizona and Nevada.
As one of two Accountable Care Organizations accredited by Medicare in Utah, Revere Health offers a unique, patient-oriented approach to healthcare. We strive to keep medical costs at a minimum while providing the utmost in quality healthcare.
Revere Health: let’s live better.
• BS in Science, Certification as a Medical Technologist or Clinical Laboratory Scientist from ASCP, NCA or equivalent.
• Minimum of four years of laboratory training and experience, two of which include supervisory experience in moderate complexity testing specialties of the laboratory.
• Reports to Laboratory Services Director; plays an integral role in setting and implementing strategy for laboratory services at Revere Health in St. George (and surrounding area).
• Manages lab services in accordance with clinical and governmental standards and within established budget.
• Works with and oversees team of testing personnel and phlebotomy staff; directs and schedules. Is knowledgeable of laboratory standards to monitor and evaluate the work of technologists
• Provides coverage as needed.
• Evaluates and modifies department policies and procedures in conjunction with the laboratory director. Is knowledgeable of clinical laboratory procedures and practices and uses knowledge to evaluate department and recommend improvement.
• Performs required quality control checks and works with Quality Assurance Supervisor as needed to resolve issues.
• Is knowledgeable of laboratory equipment and new testing available. Works with Laboratory Services Director to determine equipment needs and evaluate equipment and new test procedures for purchase or addition to test menu. Recommends purchase of capital equipment.
• Directs maintenance of equipment. Maintains service contracts and other maintenance needs related to St. George lab.
• Responsible for ordering lab supplies. Manages annual standing supply orders.
• With Laboratory Services Director, plans and completes capital budget for St. George lab annually.
• Evaluates efficiency of laboratory operation.
• Knowledgeable of safety requirements and OSHA requirements for the clinical laboratory in order to provide instructions and to recognize and correct hazardous conditions. Directs the proper storage of hazardous materials.
• Oversees Interviewing, selection, training and orientation of new technologists, phlebotomists, and other support staff. Evaluates performance and recommends merit increases, promotions and disciplinary actions. Responsible for reviewing, tracking and reporting of employee time.
• Demonstrates working knowledge of the laboratory information system.
• Acts as a resource to physicians and staff regarding clinical laboratory testing. Serves as a resource to the phlebotomy staff regarding test selection, specimen types and specimen handling.
• Promotes excellent customer service. Addresses complaints regarding laboratory functions.
• Attends required meetings as requested.
• Other duties as assigned.
Hours: This is a full-time position.
Are you a returning applicant?
|Back to Search Results