At Revere Health, we value the health of our patients above all else. As the largest independent multi-specialty physician group in Utah, our healthcare system gives patients the best in communication, quality, coordination and innovation. Founded in 1960 in Provo, Utah, Revere Health has grown to include 29 medical specialties in over 100 locations throughout Utah, Arizona and Nevada.
As one of two Accountable Care Organizations accredited by Medicare in Utah, Revere Health offers a unique, patient-oriented approach to healthcare. We strive to keep medical costs at a minimum while providing the utmost in quality healthcare.
Revere Health: let’s live better.
Status : PRN
Position: Physical Therapist
Department : Provo or Salem PT
Location : The position may work either at the Provo or Salem Campuses
Provide physical therapy in an outpatient multi-disciplinary setting. Assess, plan, organize and participate in rehabilitative treatment programs for patients suffering from injuries, or muscle, nerve, joint and bone diseases, to restore function, relieve pain and prevent disability.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reviews Physician’s referral and patient’s condition and medical records to determine physical therapy treatment required.
- Tests and measures patient’s strength, motor development, sensory perception, functional capacity, and respiratory and circulatory efficiency, and records findings to develop or revise treatment programs.
- Plans and prepares written treatment program based on evaluation of patient data and physician instruction.
- Administers manual exercises to improve and maintain function.
- Instructs, motivates, and assists patient to perform various physical activities and in use of assistant and supportive devices such as crutches, canes, and prostheses.
- Administers treatments involving application of physical agents.
- Evaluates effects of treatment at various stages and adjusts treatments to achieve maximum benefit.
- Administers massage where appropriate.
- Administers traction to relieve pain where appropriate.
- Records treatment, response, and progress in patient’s chart or enters information into computer.
- Instructs patient and family in treatment procedures to be continued at home.
- Evaluates, fits, and adjusts prosthetic and orthotic devices and recommends modification to Orthotist.
- Consults with physician frequently to obtain additional patient information, suggest revisions in treatment program, and integrate physical therapy treatment with other aspects of patient’s health care.
- Orients, instructs, and directs work activities of assistants and aides.
- Ability to work alone and in a team environment with peers, aides, patients and physicians.
- Bachelor or Master’s Degree in Physical Therapy.
- Valid/Current Physical Therapy license for practicing in Utah.
- 1-2 Years Physical Therapy experience.
Hours: PRN: As needed, Monday through SATURDAY. Must be available for regular Saturday shifts.