At Revere Health, we value the health of our patients above all else. As the largest independent multi-specialty physician group in Utah, our healthcare system gives patients the best in communication, quality, coordination and innovation. Founded in 1960 in Provo, Utah, Revere Health has grown to include 29 medical specialties in over 100 locations throughout Utah, Arizona and Nevada.
As one of two Accountable Care Organizations accredited by Medicare in Utah, Revere Health offers a unique, patient-oriented approach to healthcare. We strive to keep medical costs at a minimum while providing the utmost in quality healthcare.
Revere Health: let’s live better.
Status : Part Time
Position: Medical Assistant
Department : Pleasant Grove OB/GYN
Location : Pleasant Grove
- Completion of and Certification from an accredited Medical Assistant Program.
- CPR Certification(or completed within 4 months of hiring)
- Working knowledge of medical terminology
- Ability to bend, reach, lift, pull, push, and or carry up to 10 pounds regularly and up to 50 pounds occasionally is required.
- Ability to sit and or stand for prolonged periods of time is required.
- Must be a self-starter, team player, dependable, friendly and professional.
- Must be able to multi-task and work efficiently while remaining calm and productive.
- Must be able to demonstrate excellent computer, telephone and communication skills.
- Previous medical experience preferred.
This is a great opportunity to work in a respected practice as a certified Medical Assistant.
- Successful candidate must maintain a professional image in the office and in all communications.
- Must be able to multi-task while maintaining good patient and staff relations.
- Must be able to contribute to providing outstanding patient care.
- Facilitates quality patient care under the supervision of the provider.
- Verifies patient information by interviewing patients; recording medical history; confirming purpose of visit.
- Prepares patients for examination by performing preliminary physical tests.
- Secures patient information and maintains patient confidence by completing and safeguarding medical records; completing diagnostic coding and procedure coding; keeping patient information confidential.
- Helps with office procedures, injections, etc. as requested.
- Triages phone messages from patients. Reviews messages with providers and responds as directed in a prompt and courteous manner.
- Communicates test and lab results and transmits other information from provider to patient. Answers questions as appropriate.
- Schedules referrals and follow-ups as needed; submits prescriptions per provider instructions.
- Works with insurance companies, pharmacies and suppliers as needed.
- Maintains safe, secure, and healthy work environments by establishing and following standards and procedures complying with legal regulations.
- Keeps exam rooms clean and patient ready.
- Keeps supplies ready by inventorying stock, placing orders, and verifying receipt.
- Keeps equipment operating by following operating instructions, troubleshooting breakdowns, maintaining supplies, performing preventive maintenance, and calling for repairs.
- Serves and protects the medical practice by adhering to clinic and professional standards, policies and procedures, federal, state and local requirements. -
- Maintains CPR certification.
- Any other duties as assigned.
Hours: Monday-Friday maximum of 29 hours per week, with a minimum of two assigned work days per week.