At Revere Health, we value the health of our patients above all else. As the largest independent multi-specialty physician group in Utah, our healthcare system gives patients the best in communication, quality, coordination and innovation. Founded in 1960 in Provo, Utah, Revere Health has grown to include 29 medical specialties in over 100 locations throughout Utah, Arizona and Nevada.
As one of two Accountable Care Organizations accredited by Medicare in Utah, Revere Health offers a unique, patient-oriented approach to healthcare. We strive to keep medical costs at a minimum while providing the utmost in quality healthcare.
Revere Health: let’s live better.
Status : Full Time
Position: Medical Assistant-Scribe
Department : Heart of Dixie Cardiology
Location : St. George
- The preferred candidate will have past experience in medical transcription and be a certified Medical Assistant.
- Previous experience with electronic medical records and medical terminology
- Outstanding customer service, organization and attention to detail
- Must be a self-starter, team player, dependable, friendly and professional and to be able to multi-task and work efficiently
- Successful completion of a Medical Assistant training program from an accredited school
- Current CPR certification
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written
- Must be able to react calmly and effectively in stressful or emergency situations
The scribe will work directly with the provider (during the exam) to accurately record patient encounters, orders and other duties as assigned. This is a challenging, fast-paced assignment. If you enjoy making a significant contribution to patient care, and are quick and thorough, you will enjoy this position.
- Facilitates excellent patient care under the supervision of a PA, NP and/or Physician
- Exhibits compassion and courtesy towards patients, visitors and co-workers
- Responds promptly, professionally and courteously to patient's needs
- Provides efficient effective patient care in compliance with clinic policies and procedures
- Assists with patient care examination and related tasks: escorts patients to examination rooms, measures vital signs, interviews patient and ensures all pertinent information is recorded and available to the provider (ie: current list of medications, lab results, allergies, results of testing)
- Maintains clean and orderly exam rooms that are properly stocked with needed supplies and equipment
- Call results and relay messages to patients as indicated by a provider in a prompt and courteous manner
- Documents all activities in the EMR, create and maintain tasks for all open activities so other staff are able to work the activity when you or the provider is not in the office
- Call/Fax/eScribe prescriptions per protocol
- Maintain CPR certification
- Attend meetings as required
- Scribe duties: this involves following the provider into clinic visits with patients and creating the medical record.
- Other duties as assigned
- Willing to travel to Cedar City, Mesquite or Kanab
Hours: Monday - Friday 8:30 am - 5:00 pm