At Revere Health, we value the health of our patients above all else. As the largest independent multi-specialty physician group in Utah, our healthcare system gives patients the best in communication, quality, coordination and innovation. Founded in 1960 in Provo, Utah, Revere Health has grown to include 29 medical specialties in over 100 locations throughout Utah, Arizona and Nevada.
As one of two Accountable Care Organizations accredited by Medicare in Utah, Revere Health offers a unique, patient-oriented approach to healthcare. We strive to keep medical costs at a minimum while providing the utmost in quality healthcare.
Revere Health: let’s live better.
Responsible for developing, implementing and maintaining financial and cost accounting systems. Responsible also for accounts payable, general ledger management, contract receivables, cash management fixed asset, and purchasing processes. Performs financial statement reporting and analysis. Attends and participates in all Finance Committee meetings.
Essential Duties & Functions
- Working with the CFO, develops, implements and oversees the accounting programs in budgeting, financial statement preparation, fixed asset management, purchasing, and treasury and ensures internal controls are in place and adhered to at all clinic levels.
- Selects, trains and supervises personnel in the areas of accounts payable, treasury, purchasing and accounting functions. Provides annual evaluation to assigned personnel and recommends merit increases, promotions and disciplinary actions.
- Ensures the timely payment of liabilities to creditors, proper recording and control of cash receipts, recording of fixed assets, development of adequate procedures, instructions, controls, records and reports.
- Manages fixed asset processes including the maintaining of accurate depreciation schedules and annual physical inventory to ensure assets are appropriately controlled and disposed of.
- Interacts with external auditors, lenders and outside third party agencies related to accounting functions.
- Manages the billing, collection and documentation for all contract receivables to include lease obligations, professional service contracts and vendor rebate programs.
- Assists with the development and implementation of the annual budget, including operation and capital needs.
- Assists with the development of financial and operational forecasts of new services and acquisitions.
- Attends Information Technology meetings and implements system enhancements to meet the needs of the financial department. Assists CFO, who oversees policy administration, asset management, and development of internal controls.
- Maintains Clinic’s treasury and invoice/billing processes.
- Ensures all accounts are reconciled timely.
- Oversees the month/year end close to ensure accurate and timely financial statements
- Prepares financial presentations and communicates results of financial performance. Provides training to department staff on basic financial interpretation and management.
- 4-year degree in Finance or Accounting
- Eight years of financial management and controller experience, with 2 to 4 years in a health care environment
- Masters degree preferred