At Revere Health, we value the health of our patients above all else. As the largest independent multi-specialty physician group in Utah, our healthcare system gives patients the best in communication, quality, coordination and innovation. Founded in 1960 in Provo, Utah, Revere Health has grown to include 29 medical specialties in over 100 locations throughout Utah, Arizona and Nevada.
As one of two Accountable Care Organizations accredited by Medicare in Utah, Revere Health offers a unique, patient-oriented approach to healthcare. We strive to keep medical costs at a minimum while providing the utmost in quality healthcare.
Revere Health: let’s live better.
Status : Full Time
Position: Medical Assistant / Office Supervisor
Department : Internal Medicine
Location : Orem
- MA Certification with prior MA experience
Description : The MA Supervisor is an extremely important part of the Internal Medicine Department. Supervisory duties include being in charge of immunizations, controls, maintaining triage protocols, maintaining flow of patients and staff, and training and supervising the back office staff. The supervisor is also responsible for performing all MA/Scribe duties including but not limited to rooming, scribing notes, setting up and assisting with procedures, performing in-office testing and triaging calls.
Supervisory Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with HR, interviews, hiring, reviews, staff write ups and terminations
- In charge of MA staff meetings and employee training as needed (rooming, scribing, new items, triaging, procedures, tests, etc.)
- In charge of inventory and reordering.
- Educate department on VFC/private immunization changes, numbers, USIIS
- Attend meetings as required (staff, super user, VFC coordinator, QIS, etc.)
- Function as QIS manager, relay information and percentages
- Oversee controls
- Respond promptly, professionally and courteously to staff’s needs and maintain a positive work environment
- Monitor staff compliance with policies, procedures, and legal/regulatory standards
- Coordinate flow of office with patients and staff
- Other back office supervisory duties as assigned
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides extraordinary care to patients needs through prompt, professional, friendly, caring, and courteous inner-actions
- Prepare patients for exams, interviews, measures vitals, documents in patient records
- Works with physician to assist in treatment and documentation of encounters.
- Makes sure all pertinent information is available to provider, i.e., list of medications, lab results, allergies, imaging reports, medication allergies, health history
- Updates patient QIS information
- Scribes notes, sends in prescriptions and calls pharmacies as needed, completes tasks, responds to voice mail, assists provider with procedures and charting (drugs given, time, dose, route), administers injections, schedules tests and procedures ordered by provider, cleans and sterilizes instruments following clinic policy and procedures, maintains clean and orderly exam rooms and procedure room after use, logs into IM system daily for team chats
- Anticipates supplies needed for patient encounters, informs manager of low/needed medical supplies and materials, ensures exam and procedure rooms are stocked and ready with needed supplies (in-office tests i.e. strep, RSV, Flu) and equipment
- Triages phone messages from patients. Reviews messages with provider and responds as directed in a prompt and courteous manner
- Obtains lab and test results for provider to review. If asked, calls results to patients as indicated by provider in a prompt and courteous manner
- Assists and encourages patients in signing patients up for the Follow My Health portal
- Other duties as assigned
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of Medical terminology
- Self-motivated and flexible
- Required minimum typing speed of 50 WPM
- Physical mobility: walking, bending, sitting, standing and ability to lift over 50 lbs
Hours: Monday - Friday 8 am - 5 pm