Lead Medical Assistant - Family Medicine FT
|# of Openings:||1|
At Revere Health, we value the health of our patients above all else. As the largest independent multi-specialty physician group in Utah, our healthcare system gives patients the best in communication, quality, coordination and innovation. Founded in 1960 in Provo, Utah, Revere Health has grown to include 29 medical specialties in over 100 locations throughout Utah, Arizona and Nevada.
As one of two Accountable Care Organizations accredited by Medicare in Utah, Revere Health offers a unique, patient-oriented approach to healthcare. We strive to keep medical costs at a minimum while providing the utmost in quality healthcare.
Revere Health: let’s live better.
Qualifications: Completion of accredited Medical Assistant or certified nursing assistant program. Must be a team player with strong interpersonal skills and be able to multi-task. Should be a self-starter and willing to work efficiently. Must be able to react calmly and effectively in an emergency situation. LPT/X-ray certified or experience preferred. Phlebotomy skills desired. Computer experience and organizational skills along with a great attitude are required.
• Assembles necessary documents and supplies.
• Effectively uses computer applications in the office setting.
• Schedules, coordinates, and monitors appointments, inpatient and outpatient admissions, tests, treatments, and procedures.
• Maintains medical records and other information.
• Maintains inventory of supplies. Orders and restocks as needed to ensure availability for patient care.
• Accurately documents patient history, physical, and vital information into the medical record.
• Following provider instructions, demonstrates accurate, timely, and efficient follow through with pharmacy refills, scheduling out of clinic procedures, obtaining, reporting and tracking of lab results, leaving phone messages, and distributing faxes.
• Under the direction of the provider, assigns procedural and diagnostic coding to encounter forms.
• Conducts pre-authorizations and referrals in accordance with third party insurer requirements.
• Facilitates timely billing by completing necessary documentation.
In addition to essential MA/CNA job duties, the following Supervisory duties are required:
• Oversees MA schedules
• Updates MA procedure manual as needed and informs staff of changes
• Scheduling monthly in-services and delegating trainings
• Participating in new hire interviewing processes
• Participating in DDI leadership trainings
• Scheduling new hire MA/CNA trainings
• Providing input for performance management
• Mentoring staff-helping all perform to top of their licenses
• Responsible for setting the tone the professional environment of the clinical staff
• Implementing and delegating plans for cross coverage of phone call, tasking, etc due to absences or time off.
• Oversees ordering/inventory. Ensures accuracy of ordering and stocking
• Ensure all intakes by all employees include full set of vitals-monitor needs for change.
• Actively participates in quality improvement initiatives (i.e. HCC coding, NextGen, NRC patient feedback and makes changes where necessary to provide exceptional patient care. Ensure staff arriving 20 minutes early for prep time, daily appt sheets completed by end of day and signed off.
• All other duties as needed by clinic manager or providers.
Hours: Clinic Hours M-F 8am-9pm Sat 8am-3pm
Are you a returning applicant?
|Back to Search Results