At Revere Health, we value the health of our patients above all else. As the largest independent multi-specialty physician group in Utah, our healthcare system gives patients the best in communication, quality, coordination and innovation. Founded in 1960 in Provo, Utah, Revere Health has grown to include 29 medical specialties in over 100 locations throughout Utah, Arizona and Nevada.
As one of two Accountable Care Organizations accredited by Medicare in Utah, Revere Health offers a unique, patient-oriented approach to healthcare. We strive to keep medical costs at a minimum while providing the utmost in quality healthcare.
Revere Health: let’s live better.
Description: The Business Office Training and Process Manager is responsible for training and process improvement for all aspects of the Revenue Cycle Process, including but not limited to, Coding, A/R, Credits, Claims and Customer Service.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for designing, implementing and overseeing training for: New BO hires and existing staff, Front desk staff training including registration processes, new practices that join the clinic, forms, and items related to the claim cycle
- Organizes and develops training and education materials for staff.
- Designs and implements testing processes to validate effectiveness of training, materials and methods.
- Responsible for adhoc Groupcast training and resource to staff for Groupcast questions.
- Process Improvement
- Reviews denials; edits; OTC collections related to registration; duplicate accounts; check in; eligibility and other components of the revenue cycle; and suggests, designs and implements process improvements for improved revenue. Requires working with administrators, Revenue Cycle Specialist and Treasurer.
- Reviews denials, edits, audit findings, AWF findings, payor report card issues, overpayments and suggests/implements process improvements for the Business Office for improved revenue. Requires working with AR and Coding Managers, Coding, Claims, Customer Service, and Credit team members
- Fosters a positive attitude and effectively influences actions and opinions of others
- Supervises and leads liaison team
- Assists in analyzing and solving business and information system issues – helps determine software/application needs
- Travels to various locations throughout state
- Demonstrate the Business Office Core Values of integrity, teamwork, dedication, quality, decision making, communication, and creative thinking (see performance review sheet for definitions)
- Models and demonstrates an outgoing, positive, and team-oriented training style
- Demonstrate the Revere Health Values of Quality, Innovation, Coordination, Independence, Communication and Coordination (see performance review sheet for definitions).
- Individual projects will have timelines and goals
- Show revenue improvement on individual projects
- Demonstrate an increased level of expertise and engagement among business office employees.
- Show revenue improvement/decrease in denials from front desk training
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business Administration, or Health Administration
- 5 years experience in coding, billing, and collection of medical services
- Working knowledge of standard insurance billing, coding, and customer service practices
- Experience managing multiple projects and coordinating efforts in order to ensure they are successful
- Intermediate level experience using MS Office, particularly Excel pivot tables, graphs, and reporting functions
- Excellent oral, written and presentation skills
- Formal training and demonstrated success in training and/or process improvement, including knowledge of adult learning methodologies and how to apply them
- Ability to work independently and under minimal supervision