Laboratory Services Manager
|# of Openings:||1|
At Revere Health, we value the health of our patients above all else. As the largest independent multi-specialty physician group in Utah, our healthcare system gives patients the best in communication, quality, coordination and innovation. Founded in 1960 in Provo, Utah, Revere Health has grown to include 29 medical specialties in over 100 locations throughout Utah, Arizona and Nevada.
As one of two Accountable Care Organizations accredited by Medicare in Utah, Revere Health offers a unique, patient-oriented approach to healthcare. We strive to keep medical costs at a minimum while providing the utmost in quality healthcare.
Revere Health: let’s live better.
• BS in Science, Certification as a Medical Technologist or Clinical Laboratory Scientist from ASCP, NCA or equivalent.
• Minimum of five years laboratory training and experience in high complexity testing of the specialties of the laboratory.
• Two or more years experience in management.
• Plays integral role in setting and implementing strategy for laboratory services at Revere Health.
• Manages lab services in accordance with clinical and governmental standards and within established budget.
• Works with and oversees team of onsite supervisors to assign, direct and schedule technical staff. Is knowledgeable of laboratory standards to monitor and evaluate the work of technologists. Provides coverage as needed.
• Evaluates and modifies department policies and procedures in conjunction with the laboratory director. Is knowledgeable of clinical laboratory procedures and practices and uses knowledge to evaluate department and recommend improvement.
• Designs and administers quality control program and manages the Quality Assurance program for the clinical laboratory. Is knowledgeable of testing necessary to perform quality control checks.
• Is knowledgeable of laboratory equipment and new testing available. Determines equipment needs and evaluate equipment and new test procedures for purchase or addition to test menu. Recommends purchase of capital equipment.
• Establishes standards, normal values and methods of control for each laboratory test performed and instruments used. Oversees performance and quality of tests. Plans, designs and directs installation of new or improved laboratory techniques and tests.
• Directs maintenance of equipment. Maintains and budgets for service contracts and other maintenance needs. Develops and directs inventory control system. Responsible for ordering lab supplies and equipment. Manages annual standing supply orders.
• Plans and completes capital budget for the clinical laboratory annually. Understands and reviews laboratory finances monthly. Evaluates efficiency of laboratory operation.
• Designs and directs the laboratory safety program. Knowledgeable of safety requirements and OSHA requirements for the clinical laboratory in order to provide instructions and to recognize and correct hazardous conditions. Directs the proper storage of hazardous materials.
• Performs specialized and more difficult tests and procedures.
• Oversees Interviewing, selection, training and orientation of new technologists. Evaluates performance and recommends merit increases, promotions and disciplinary actions. Responsible for reviewing, tracking and reporting of employee time.
• Works with Point of Care Specialist (POCS) to review departmental performance to ensure compliance with all regulatory agencies including CLIA. Recommends changes in work methods when appropriate and necessary. As needed, along with POCS acts as a consultant for other departments performing testing regarding CLIA compliance and new test evaluation and billing.
• Is knowledgeable of billing and coding for laboratory tests. Reviews bills from reference laboratories for accuracy and correctness. Manages patient inquiries involving billing issues from reference laboratories. Assists in the updating of laboratory billing slips with appropriate CPT codes and test menus.
• Is knowledgeable of the laboratory information system. Is responsible for updating the laboratory test menu and interacting with IT for issues involving the interface with the EMR and practice management system.
• Is knowledgeable of esoteric as well as routine testing, causes for ordering and requirements. Acts as a resource to physicians and staff regarding clinical laboratory testing. Serves as a resource to the phlebotomy staff regarding test selection, specimen types and specimen handling.
• Promotes excellent customer service. Addresses complaints regarding laboratory functions.
• Attends required meetings and participates in committees as requested.
Hours: This is a full-time position.
Are you a returning applicant?
|Back to Search Results