The Medical Assistant is accountable for performing patient care activities associated with the personal needs and comfort of clinic patients, assisting members of the clinic team, and maintaining a clean, safe environment.
- Prepare patients for examination and treatment including determining nature of patient visit, obtaining and recording patient vital signs and preparing patient for diagnostic treatment.
- Perform and assist with various aspects of patient care such as administering medication and injections under general supervision, providing instructions to patients, performing basic lab procedures as instructed and assisting with medical procedures as appropriate.
- Complete all necessary documentation in patients' electronic medical records in accordance with the clinic's charting policy.
- Maintain a clean, orderly and safe environment for patients and visitors.
- Restock and prepare the medical suites for patient examination.
- Maintain and utilize effective communication skills so as to facilitate open communication with patients, coworkers and visitors.
- Respond to patient and family needs, exercising good judgment and being sensitive to the diverse physical, emotional, spiritual and cultural needs of all parties.
- Comply with established personal protective equipment requirements necessary for protection against exposure to blood and other potentially infectious body fluids, chemical disinfectants, radiation, asbestos and other hazardous substances.
- Other duties as assigned.