Technology Business Consultant
As the technology experts within JLL, Technology Consultants come up with a range of technology solutions, and advise our clients as to which ones will most improve their performance as a business. These technology solutions can range from IoT integrations, data analytics, business intelligence, to finding the right technology platform and providing a systematic roadmap for achievement.
We’re looking for an experienced Technology Consultant, who can help clients adapt to the challenges and opportunities presented by the current technology trends. From designing and implementing IT strategy and operations that support corporate real estate strategies to expert guidance on big data, utilization trending, and business intelligence. We are looking for someone who can advise clients through this complexity, help architect a plan, and inspire value-driven, strategic decision-making.
- Serve as a real estate technology advisor, provide hands-on strategic advice, assessment, and support in alignment with technology goals and objectives.
- Perform strategic technology assessments customized to fit the institutions overall business objectives, size, and complexity.
- Recommend and assist clients with core and ancillary systems selections, contract reviews, and negotiations.
- Lead clients through decisions that enhance technology capabilities and address complex business initiatives and help address data and information challenges.
- Conduct technology/operations organizational assessments to ensure continued alignment with strategic initiatives, process improvement considerations, and future growth.
- Perform operational efficiency studies to improve technology utilization, streamline workflow processes, and reduce overall operating expenses.
- Assist clients with maximizing their business’ delivery channel value to create a more robust, integrated customer experience.
- Lead merger and acquisition integration activities for the blending of infrastructure, systems, people, product lines and processes.
- Provide assistance in overall business continuity plan development, training, and testing.
- Provide direction and support in the development and review of information technology policies, procedures, risk assessments, and documentation.
- Serve as an advisor to provide strategic business advice, offer feedback and suggestions based on industry standards and best practices, and to assist in ongoing planning.
- A minimum of five years’ experience in consulting in the commercial/corporate real estate services industry, preferably with a broad range of knowledge in technology and operational functions.
- Or a minimum of eight years’ experience working in the commercial/corporate real estate industry, with hands-on knowledge in technology and operations in a minimum of two areas (i.e. operations, space management, lease administration).
- Or a combination of at least two years consulting experience for the commercial real estate industry, with at least five years’ experience working in the commercial real estate industry, with a broad range and hand-on experience in technology and operational functions that cover a minimum of two operational areas (lease administration, space management, etc.)
- Functional Knowledge:
- A deep operating knowledge in at least one of the following: Technology/Operations, Systems Selection/Contract Negotiation, Operational Efficiency, Technology Assessments and Strategic Planning.
- A deep operating knowledge in technology of the following: IWMS system integrations (such as ARCHIBUS or TRIRIGA) AND two or more point solutions for: Lease Administration, Portfolio Management, Transaction Management, Operations & Maintenance, Space Management, Document Management, Business Analytics, or other CRE native technology. (ex: Lease Harbor, Maximo, FM Systems, Centerstone, iOffice, SerraView, Tableau)
- Experience overseeing technology implementations and process improvement projects, preferably with systems conversion experience
- Proven track record of providing corporate real estate and facilities management IT platform advisory services, including strategy development, requirements development, vendor /solution evaluation, and implementation support.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Facilities, Real Estate and Asset Management industry best practices, across multiple disciplines.
- Current on trends relating to technology and real estate/facilities industries.
- Strong organizational skills including proficiency with standard office suite and presentation software and cloud technologies.
- Experience must be within the last 5 years *
- Four-year college degree in corporate real estate, business management, or technology preferred, or compensate CRE experience
- Creative and independent thinker
- Excellent written and oral presentation skills
- Ability to work without extensive supervision or direction
- Ability to balance multiple projects under tight deadlines
- Strong communicator who is comfortable working with senior/executive management
- Must be able to travel 30-50%.
- Travel and volume of travel may be dependent on client load and vary in intensity by month.