Auto Warehousing (AWC) has been family-owned and operated for more than 50 years and is North America’s leader in finished vehicle logistics. Our mission is to service customer vehicles safely, efficiently, with quality and pride. Our Associates are the reason for our success, and developing their talent remains critical to our future.
We are hiring several full time Rail Loaders for our New Boston location. You must have a valid Driver’s License, be able to drive a stick shift vehicle very well, be ok with working outside 100% in all weather and be able to do the physical requirements of this position. This is a very fast paced location, it is a 7 day a week Union facility and you will stay physically fit working as a Rail Loader.
These positions will train on day shift for 4 weeks and then will be put in the open shifts that are needed which can include afternoons and nights. You MUST be flexible with all shifts and have availability for weekends. Shifts usually run 8-10 hours. For immediate consideration- Apply today!
Summary of Position:
This position prepares railcars for loading, drives vehicles onto proper railcars, secures vehicles to railcars according to manufacturer and American Association of Railroad standards, and prepares railcars for transportation.
Essential Functions, Duties & Tasks:
- Drive vehicles onto rail cars
- Secure vehicles on the rail cars using chocks or chains
- Set bridge plates
- Raise and lower decks
- Set buck ramp
- Store chocks or chains
- Inspect vehicles for damage
- Report damage or miss bays to lead, supervisor, or manager
- Train new employees
- Able to react to change productively and handle other essential tasks as assigned.
- Maintain a positive behavior and conduct in the workplace while acting and communicating with other customers, vendors, co-workers, and management
- Good and regular attendance
- Ability to work in a variety of situations
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- Ability to adhere to strict quality standards without variance
- Ability to read and interpret SDS Manuals
- Have knowledge of hand tools (wrenches, screwdrivers, ratchets, etc.…)
Education, Experience & Minimum Requirements:
- Must be able to read, write and communicate in English
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- Must have and maintain a valid State Driver’s License and a good driving record
- Must have a good sense of balance and have the ability to maintain 3 points of contact
- Ability to drive both automatic and manual transmission vehicles
- Ability to work both indoors and outdoors in various weather conditions
- Ability to pass the AWC Safe Driving and Rail Safety tests with an 80% or higher accuracy
- Must be able to work in tight spaces when loading vehicles
- Must be able to work at heights approximately 15 feet above the ground
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs over your head
- Must be able to push, pull or carry up to 85 lbs
- Ability to stand, walk and work outdoors in various weather conditions
Auto Warehousing Company, including its subsidiaries, is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status or disability (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act) with respect to employment opportunities.