ARC is recruiting for an Assistant Child Care Director to work with our school-age child care programs at Wedgwood Elementary School. This position will assist the Child Care Site Director in developing, planning, organizing, and implementing the day-to-day program for day camps and before/after school child care programs for youth ages 5 to 12 years.
- Monday - Friday 30-40 hours per week
- School Year schedule will be 30 hours per week, straight or split shift
- Summer schedule will be 40 hours per week, straight shift, with potential to be placed at a different site (to be determined based on business needs)
- Must be able to work year-round
- Schedule subject to change due to program/season and business needs
- Establish and maintain a relationship of mutual trust and good communication with program participants, their families, the community, schools, and center coordinator
- Create a positive learning community inclusive of youth participants, families, community members, and staff
- Assist in providing a safe environment by maintaining orderly, clean, and appealing facilities; competent in emergency preparedness; removing known safety hazards; ensuring staff with current CPR/First Aid certification and any other required or applicable credentials
- Comply with all department policies and procedures and state WAC licensing. Assist the Child Care Site Director in ensuring that all site staff are in compliance
- Provide program supervision, training, and mentoring
- Provide input to staff performance reviews
- Attend team and other related meetings
- Work in ratio as needed
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- At least three years experience working with school-age children
- Experience planning and coordinating a developmentally appropriate program
- Must have completed a minimum of 35 or more college credits or a combination of one-third clock hours and two-thirds college credits in Early Childhood Education, Child Development, Elementary Education, Social Work, or other child-related field including, but not limited to: art, music, and dance relevant to school-age children, recreation or leisure time activities, physical education, education, psychology, social services, home economics, or nutrition
- Documentation of current Red Cross First-Aid/CPR certification, HIV/AIDS blood-borne pathogens education and training, a valid King County food handlers permit, Washington State driver’s license, have cleared a TB test or documentation of exemption; STARS training
- Must successfully complete a background check
- Must have a valid WA state driver license and clear a driving history record from DOL upon hire
This is a full-time, year-round, benefited position. Hours will vary and may be scheduled between 6:00am to 6:00pm.
Benefits include medical, dental and vision, 401(k), paid time off (PTO), Holidays, Life Insurance, AD&D, Employee Assistance Program.
TO APPLY: Please apply with your cover letter and resume. If you don’t meet the above requirements but still think you’re the perfect candidate for this position – let us know why! Send your resume along with a message describing your interest in the position.
Who May Apply: This position is open to all candidates that meet the minimum qualifications. ARC is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer and values diverse perspectives and life experiences. Applicants will be considered regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age, sexual orientation, or gender identity. ARC encourages people of all backgrounds to apply, including people of color, immigrants, refugees, women, LGBTQ, people with disabilities, veterans, and those with diverse life experiences.
Accommodations for people with disabilities are provided upon request. Please call (206) 615-0110 to request accommodations.
Position opened until filled. Applications are reviewed as soon as it is received.