We are seeking an enthusiastic and engaging Enrichment Program Aides to assist the Program Administrators at ARC's various After School Recreation and Enrichment programs. Our programs provide safe, engaging and educational after-school opportunities to elementary age youth. Some examples of classes include Sports, Cooking, Art, Science/STEM, Dance, and many more exciting topics.
Available locations for school year programs include (additions and availability subject to change):
- Adams and Whittier Elementary Schools (Ballard/Loyal Heights)
- John Rogers and Sacajawea Elementary Schools (Meadowbrook)
- Leschi Elementary School (Garfield)
- Olympic Hill Elementary School (Meadowbrook)
- Wedgwood Elementary School (Ravenna-Eckstein)
- Please indicate your preference of location(s) in your application/cover letter
- May vary by specific locations, but typical schedule is 2:30pm - 5:30pm (subject to change based on program needs)
- Positions range between three to five days a week (weekdays); exact schedule to be determined by each location
- Summer Day Camp schedule (mid-June through early September) is Monday – Friday 25-40 hours per week
- Instruct After School Recreation and Enrichment classes
- Provides support to class instructors as needed making sure they have all the equipment necessary to provide an enriching experience for all program participants
- Assist with class marketing by creating bulletin boards, flyers, and web announcements to the School Web pages
- Assist with being a liaison to School Administration, School staff, Community Center staff, Instructors and parents by overseeing daily attendance and site base communication
- Monitor and maintain all registration materials on site, as needed
- Assist Community Center staff as needed
- Other duties as assigned by Recreation Program Administrator and Community Center staff
- Must be willing to complete training for certification in First Aid/CPR, Food Handlers Permit, HIV/AIDS blood-borne pathogens education, and STARS training
- Must be willing to help out at other program sites as needed (School-Age Child Care, Preschool, Teen), including working extended hours during break camps and summer months
- Eighteen years of age or older
- High School diploma/GED or transcripts of secondary education
- At least one year experience working with youth in a recreation setting or childcare setting
- Ability to provide excellent customer service by building relationships with students, families, and school faculty
- Clear Tuberculosis results within the past year
- Valid WA state driver’s license or WA state ID
- Current First Aid, CPR, and Food Handlers permit a plus
- Must pass criminal background check
- Must provide proof of eligibility to work in the US and valid government issued ID
- Must sign up for direct deposit with either checking or savings account or Payroll Paycard
This is a part-time, year round, and non-benefited position. Program Aides must also be willing to help out at other program sites as needed, including working extended hours during break camps.
Who May Apply: This position is open to all candidates that meet the minimum qualifications. ARC is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer and values diverse perspectives and life experiences. Applicants will be considered regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age, sexual orientation, or gender identity. ARC encourages people of all backgrounds to apply, including people of color, immigrants, refugees, women, LGBTQ, people with disabilities, veterans, and those with diverse life experiences.
Accommodations for people with disabilities are provided upon request. Please call (206) 615-0110 to request accommodations.
Position opened until filled. Applications are reviewed as soon as it is received.