Summer 2020 Intern, Machine Learning
Canonsburg, PA or San Jose, CA
ANSYS empowers the world's most innovative companies to design and deliver transformational products by offering the best and broadest engineering simulation software to solve the most complex design challenges and engineer products limited only by imagination. Thus, through our enriching co-op and intern program, we help develop the next-generation of engineers and technologists. You will develop our industry-leading simulation software while gaining real experience in your field of study. You will support one of our business units, including but not limited to the following:
- Design Business Unit
- Platform Development Unit
- Licensing & Install Unit
- Mechanical Business Unit
- Release Management Unit
This Internship is a 40-hour per week paid position starting May 2020 and concluding August 2020.
- Design and develop machine learning algorithms for training using our ANSYS solvers as surrogates for CAE applications
- Create datasets, label data and train machine learning algorithms using deep learning or reinforcement learning techniques.
- Implement solutions in experimental code (Python, TensorFlow, Pytorch) using industry best practices in software development.
- Test the algorithms developed and share results and training curves.
- Design and develop code with Unit Testing and TDD (test driven design) based on specific list of engineering scenarios.
- Enrolled in a BS/MS or PhD program pursuing degree in engineering, mathematics or computer science.
- Experience with machine learning using scripting languages such as Python/R and GPU programming.
- Experience with statistical data analysis such as linear models, multivariate analysis, stochastic models, and sampling methods.
- Preferred experience using machine learning frameworks such as TensorFlow or Pytorch
- Preferred experience in machine learning using 3D and geometry
- Preferred experience using 3d software for datasets creation
- Preferred experience Object-oriented languages such as C++ and/or C#
- Preferred experience with source control such as GIT, SVN
CULTURE AND VALUES
Culture and values are incredibly important to ANSYS. They inform us of who we are, of how we act. Values aren't posters hanging on a wall or about trite or glib slogans. They aren't about rules and regulations. They can't just be handed down the organization. They are shared beliefs – guideposts that we all follow when we're facing a challenge or a decision. Our values tell us how we live our lives; how we approach our jobs. Our values are crucial for fostering a culture of winning for our company:
- Customer focus
- Results and Accountability
- Transparency and Integrity
- Sense of urgency
- Collaboration and Teamwork
Did you know? You can download our software for free by visiting:
ANSYS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
ANSYS does not accept unsolicited referrals for vacancies, and any unsolicited referral will become the property of ANSYS. Upon hire, no fee will be owed to the agency, person, or entity.