Principal Software Developer
San Jose, CA
This engineer will join the Research and Development team that creates state of the art software for semiconductor analysis.
Innovation in semiconductor design and manufacturing enables smaller device architectures with higher performance and energy efficiency for powering the smart product revolution. The physics associated with shrinking geometries, especially in the emerging 3-D IC, FinFET and stacked-die architectures, bring out design challenges related to power and reliability, affecting design closure. ANSYS simulation and modeling tools offer the sign-off accuracy and performance needed to ensure power noise integrity and reliability of even the most complex ICs, taking into account electromigration, thermal effects and electrostatic discharge phenomena.
ANSYS PowerArtist enables RTL-to-GDS design for power methodology by providing early RTL power estimation and power reduction capabilities. The candidate will join the R&D team of PowerArtist and will lead the development of next-generation RTL power reduction.
• Identify new opportunities for expanding the product’s market share and/or scope.
• Provide significant leadership of complex projects spanning multiple releases or teams.
• Demonstrate a deep understanding of the domain and the how the product fits into the design flow. Help drive improvements to the design flow for new technology nodes or design styles.
• Evaluate multiple approaches to large technical problems considering limitations and challenges.
• Develop novel algorithms and software implementations.
• Communicate clearly with others regarding project status and risks, and to ensure that work is aligned with the business unit strategy.
• Serve as a role model for excellent software skills and a source of domain expertise across the company and with customers.
• Demonstrate expertise in the code and the team’s software development processes. Drive continuous improvement in both software and processes.
• Diagnose and fix code problems.
• Deliver code that meets requirements on schedule. Ensure that code is efficient, scalable, maintainable, extensible, robust and easy to understand.
• Optimize code to improve tool run time and memory capacity.
• Create unit, regression and/or system-level tests to thoroughly validate new features or changes.
JOB MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
• BS degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related field, with 12 years experience.
• Five years’ experience in C++ with broad and deep understanding of the language
• Strong working knowledge of the Linux operating system
• Strong background in data structures, algorithms, and debugging
• Solid understanding of electronic design at gate level and/or transistor level
• Ability to learn quickly, understand complex systems and to work closely with others
• Ability to complete high-quality work on time
Prefer PhD or MS degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related field . Minimum relevant work experience: PhD + six years, MS + ten years.
Demonstrated skills in the following areas are a plus:
• Successful large-scale commercial software development
• Development, debugging and optimization of systems using distributed processing
• Experience with the Python programming language
• Parasitic extraction for advanced semiconductor nodes
• Transistor-level simulation or analysis
• Gate level or RTL power analysis and/or optimization
• IC physical design
• Logic synthesis or equivalence checking
• GUI development for physical design or analysis tools
ABOUT ANSYS, INC.
If you’ve ever seen a rocket launch, flown on an airplane, driven a car, used a computer, touched a mobile device, crossed a bridge, or put on wearable technology, chances are you’ve used a product where ANSYS software played a critical role in its creation. ANSYS is the global leader in engineering simulation. We help the world’s most innovative companies deliver radically better products to their customers. By offering the best and broadest portfolio of engineering simulation software, we help them solve the most complex design challenges and engineer products limited only by imagination. Join our nearly 3000 professionals in more than 75 strategic locations around the world in making a difference in the world of engineering simulation and product development. Visit www.ansys.com for more information.
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
ANSYS INSPIRE Values:
Strive for Excellence
Passion & Intensity
Respect & Trust
ANSYS, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
No Phone Calls