Lead Software Developer - CFD
The position involves leading the development, implementation, and maintenance of functionality related to ANSYS CFD flow solver’s mesh management and manipulation infrastructure. Areas of may include: improving and extending the non-conformal and sliding-mesh interface capability, mesh motion and deformation, mesh adaption and remeshing, or overset meshing. Experience with a variety of meshing technologies and CFD solver methods is desirable.
The position involves developing, implementing, and maintaining functionality related to the development of meshing capabilities within CFD software, as well as leading new initiatives and a team of developers. Areas of work for this position may include: improvements to existing capabilities, implementation of advanced features, and development of solver meshing capabilities. Responsibilities include:
• Design, development, optimization and maintenance of features in the products, according to project requirements and established quality standards
• Design, implement and maintain software related to meshing capabilities within CFD products.
• Keep abreast of cutting edge technology in solver meshing areas like solution-based mesh adaptation technologies or overset grid methods
• Work closely with different teams to ensure that ANSYS products continue to be the best in class.
• Provide technical leadership and guidance to junior staff
JOB MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
• Master’s degree with minimum 4 years of experience, or a Bachelor’s degree with minimum 10 years experience in engineering, computational science, or applied mathematics.
• Excellent and demonstrated programming skills in in at least one computer language (preferably C/C++).
• Willingness to learn, take initiative and work in a team oriented environment
The following attributes are desirable:
• An advanced degree (MS/MTech/PhD) in engineering, mathematics, or computational science
• A minimum of four years of professional development experience of meshing generation or manipulation algorithms.
• Proficiency in C/C++, Unix/Linux code development, Windows experience is desirable
• Familiarity with a variety of CFD solver techniques is desirable
• Familiarity with various aspects of parallel and high performance computing is a plus
• Highly motivated with a strong work ethic
• Ability to mentor and guide junior staff
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
ABOUT ANSYS, INC.
If you’ve ever seen a rocket launch, flown on an airplane, driven a car, used a computer, touched a mobile device, crossed a bridge, or put on wearable technology, chances are you’ve used a product where ANSYS software played a critical role in its creation. ANSYS is the global leader in engineering simulation. We help the world’s most innovative companies deliver radically better products to their customers. By offering the best and broadest portfolio of engineering simulation software, we help them solve the most complex design challenges and engineer products limited only by imagination. Join our nearly 3000 professionals in more than 75 strategic locations around the world in making a difference in the world of engineering simulation and product development. Visit www.ansys.com for more information.
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
ANSYS INSPIRE Values:
Strive for Excellence
Passion & Intensity
Respect & Trust
ANSYS, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
No Phone Calls