Senior Application Engineer
Ann Arbor - MI - USA
The Senior Application Engineer (AE) is responsible for delivering industry-leading embedded software solutions for aerospace, military, automotive, and industrial customers.
The Senior AE is a critical customer-facing team member that will lead engineering teams to realize robust model-based system and software solutions using the SCADE product line.
The Senior AE must integrate with an elite technical sales team to achieve competitive solutions for current and prospective customers. The job involves travelling extensively to customers and industry conferences to deliver training, technical workshops, and consulting.
- Consults at customer sites with tact and professionalism
- Delivers safe, viable and robust SCADE product solutions
- Delivers thorough technical training and advice for engineering teams
- Leads successful technology evaluations to win new business
- Works closely with the customer to define projects and designs, along with identifying areas to be improved in the customer’s software processes
- Develops strong relationships with key customer personnel at all levels
- Coordinates the effective utilization of ANSYS resources, including design engineers, business development, marketing, support services, and executive team members
- Builds strong relationships with partner and OEM firms, and effectively leverages their resources in deploying engineering results at customer sites
- Is an integral player in building strong, cohesive ANSYS and customer teams capable of successfully completing complex safety-critical projects
JOB MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Education and experience:
- PhD with a minimum of 4 years of experience
- Or a Master’s Degree in Engineering or Computer Science with a minimum of 6 years of experience
- Or a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Computer Science with a minimum of 10 years of experience
- Familiar with model-based design technology, including hardware, software, and prototyping solutions
- Must be able to enthusiastically learn new technology and adapt it to deliver robust software solutions
- Familiar with delivering software complying with international safety standards such as ISO 26262, RTCA DO-178B, Def Stan. 0055, IEC 61508, EN 50128, FDA 510(k), and DOD 2167A
- Strong programming skills in C and embedded software are required.
- Business travel up to 50%, mostly US but with some travel to France is required
- Desired personal attributes include:
- Utmost integrity and professionalism in handling all business matters
- Results-oriented with a strong sense of initiative in tackling tasks
- High credibility; polished professional presence
- Strong commitment to teamwork and the success of others
- Excellent relationship building skills and instincts regarding people
- Ability to handle pressure
- High level of energy and enthusiasm
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent judgment and problem solving skills
ABOUT ANSYS, INC.
If you’ve ever seen a rocket launch, flown on an airplane, driven a car, used a computer, touched a mobile device, crossed a bridge, or put on wearable technology, chances are you’ve used a product where ANSYS software played a critical role in its creation. ANSYS is the global leader in engineering simulation. We help the world’s most innovative companies deliver radically better products to their customers. By offering the best and broadest portfolio of engineering simulation software, we help them solve the most complex design challenges and engineer products limited only by imagination. Join our nearly 3000 professionals in more than 75 strategic locations around the world in making a difference in the world of engineering simulation and product development. Visit www.ansys.com for more information.
ANSYS INSPIRE VALUES
STRIVE FOR EXCELLENCE
PASSION & INTENSITY
RESPECT & TRUST