Allstate Insurance Company of Canada is one of the country’s leading producers and distributors of home and auto insurance products, servicing Canadians since 1953. Allstate is committed to making a positive difference in the communities in which it operates and has partnered with organizations such as Mothers Against Drunk Driving, United Way and The Canadian Museum of Nature. Our employees are committed to helping others, like to make things happen and love learning and growing. Allstate Canada is proud to have made Aon Hewitt’s list of best employers for the past six years. To learn more about Allstate Canada, visit www.allstate.ca.
Reporting to the Director, Learning, Development and Wellness, the Organizational Effectiveness Consultant is accountable for designing, developing, recommending and implementing a wide range of organizational effectiveness (OE) solutions such as organizational design diagnostics and best practices, employee engagement initiatives, business transformation and strategy integration. This role contributes significantly to developing a culture that enables optimal employee performance with alignment to Allstate Canada Group’s mission, vision and values.
- Support the Director, Learning, Development and Wellness to develop the roadmap for establishing Allstate’s suite of OE capabilities (e.g. organization design, culture shaping, employee engagement, performance management, business transformation)
- With a strategic focus on customers (internal and external), recommend innovative solutions to enhance OE practices, capabilities, tools and methods
- Partner across HR and with Business Leaders on issues related to organizational effectiveness and business transformation in an effort to improve organizational performance
- Conduct effective analysis to assess & diagnose organizational issues, ensure alignment of business goals with organizational design and develop and recommend solutions.
- Implement programs to enhance culture and engagement based on results from surveys and/or evaluation tools.
- Support the Director, Learning, Development and Wellness to develop strategies for optimizing people, processes, systems, and culture to accelerate business performance.
- Advocate the importance of a culture of elevated employee experiences through company-wide communication, new employee experiences and engagement event plans and tools
- Promote an inclusive culture where team members can leverage their unique talents in an environment that values diversity, creativity and independent thought
- Develop metrics to measure the effectiveness of various programs, systems, tools and procedures and make recommendations for continuous improvement opportunities
Qualifications and Experience:
- Post-secondary education, ideally in Organizational Development, Human Resources or a related field
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience designing, building and implementing HR Organizational Effectiveness programs, systems and tools, with a focus on engagement methodologies and change management
- Advanced understanding of OE concepts with the ability to adapt traditional approaches to meet stakeholder needs
- Ability to think strategically and create a vision, while being able to execute work as a part of the creation process
- Demonstrated ability to gain trust and traction for organization effectiveness programs as a credible and trusted advisor and subject matter expert
- Strong business acumen with a natural curiosity to understand the business
- Understands the cause-and-effect relationships between business priorities, organizational design, and talent strategy
- Ability to build relationships and collaborate effectively at all levels of the organization
- Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills with the ability to motivate change
- Results-oriented with an ability to focus on critical issues while balancing competing priorities
- Proven ability to navigate and work through ambiguity and complexity
- Adaptable to continuous change
- Highly developed verbal and written communication skills with a demonstrated ability to present information in an organized, logical and effective manner to a wide variety of audiences
Allstate Canada Group has policies and practices that provide workplace accommodations. If you require accommodation please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
We’re proud to have made Aon Hewitt’s 2017 list of the best Employers in Canada!