ORGANICS EQUIPMENT OPERATOR - SAN ANTONIO (SA RIVER AUTHORITY)
The Organics Equipment Operator uses heavy equipment to transport bulk materials.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Wear appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) when and where required.
- Comply with company safety policies and Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA) regulations.
- Operate a front-end loader ranging from 1 cubic yard to 7 cubic yards, small pickup, water trucks, dump trucks or other equipment to transport materials.
- Assess work areas to ensure that equipment operation will not endanger personnel or damage other equipment.
- Maintain equipment in proper operating condition by performing simple preventive maintenance and repair tasks, such as making simple adjustments, and lubricating equipment.
- Perform work with a maintenance crew or as a laborer when not operating equipment.
- Train others on the proper operation of a front-end loader or other related equipment.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- One to two year related medium or heavy equipment experience and/or specialized training;
- Available to work overtime as needed
- Available to work scheduled shifts, including holidays and weekends
- Available to work at remote locations as needed
- Excellent heavy equipment driving skills
- Ability to read and comprehend operational documents and instructions
- Basic math skills
- Ability to follow instructions
- Written and verbal communication skills in English
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Experience operating a dump truck
- Record of safe driving for the last five years as shown on current MVR, with no serious accidents or traffic violations
REQUIRED LICENSES & CERTIFICATIONS
- Valid Class C driver’s license
- Record of safe driving for the past three years as shown on current MVR, with no serious accidents or traffic violations