Leads and manages multiple projects through entire life cycle, executing within framework of approved Statement of Work (SOW) and PMO project delivery methodology to predictable outcomes. Leads Professional Services teams in design, planning, management, implementation, and delivery of technology solutions on time, within budget and matched to customer specifications.
Primary activities include project management, internal and external communications, financial management, and interfacing with technical project teams. Implements and maintains uniform approach to project management; provides leadership, coordination and mentoring to Project Managers (PMs), Junior PMs and Project Coordinators; works to continuously enhances team members project management knowledge, skills, tools, and techniques.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Manages day-to-day activities of assigned engagements; provides project management, leadership, and oversight for delivery activities executed against SOW.
• Directs, communicates, and exhibits expert leadership behaviors to manage effective delivery of services and processes.
• Conducts project planning, execution, controlling, and closing activities in accordance with Logicalis Service Delivery Lifecycle.
• Oversees any third-party vendors or partners’ deliverables to Logicalis in coordination with vendor PM.
• Ensures effective management throughout life of engagement as follows:
o Operations Management: executes according to established policies and procedures for engagement; ensures time entry is performed per policy by delivery consultants; ensures resources assigned to engagement are available and performing work as planned; ensures Logicalis Service Delivery Lifecycle tasks are adhered to; manages resources, partners, and/or customer resources as well as materials (equipment, supplies, etc.) needed to successfully deliver engagement.
o Scope Management: ensures tasks, activities, and deliverables as stated in SOW are adhered to and provided to customer per contractual terms.
o Financial Management: ensures profitability targets are met or exceeded; ensures all invoices are generated and submitted in timely manner.
o Schedule Management: creates and maintains master project plan; compares actual performance with planned performance, analyze variances, and takes corrective action as needed to maintain schedule adherence; performs Earned Value Management throughout project execution.
o Risk/Issue Management: establishes strategy of continuous risk management (identifies and documents known risks) throughout engagement; creates environment where delivery team has visible, measurable, and repeatable processes for managing and mitigating risks.
o Communications Management: ensures weekly status reports or weekly stakeholder status calls are performed to discuss progress, issues, etc.; manages client relationships and expectations relative to engagement.
o Quality Management: ensures deliverables are substantiated, validated, and provided to customer per terms of SOW; ensures customer is satisfied with end product and overall work effort performed by Logicalis.
• Provides in-depth understanding of project management methodologies, practices, tools and techniques; mentors and coaches project team members; helps assess training needs and training tools for team members.
• Works with senior management to continually update procedures to improve processes and standardized procedures related to project management, providing strategic and tactical advice on program/project planning and execution.
• Maintains current and thorough knowledge of relevant technologies, such as Application Services (AS), Network infrastructure, Storage, Data Center (DC), Unified Communications (UC), Audio/Visual, CCTV/Security and Structured Cabling.
• Demonstrates and actively promotes an understanding and commitment to the mission of Logicalis through performing behaviors consistent with the organization's values.
• Maintains a working knowledge of applicable Federal, State, and Local laws and regulations as well as policies and procedures of Logicalis in order to ensure adherence in a manner that reflects honest, ethical and professional behaviors.
• Supports and conducts self in a manner consistent with customer service expectations.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Bachelor’s Degree in a related field.
Experience / Technical Requirements:
• 10 years' enterprise-level project management experience, managing multiple Information Technology projects at one time for multiple external customers, managing teams of 1 to 20+ resources, preferably within Professional Services environment.
• Formal Project Management training.
• 7 years’ project management experience in Professional Services or Consulting practice, focused in Application Development and Integration, Data Center Infrastructure, Virtualization, Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity, Unified Communications, Networking and Security / Threat Management.
• Proficient use of all Microsoft Office applications including Microsoft Project, and experience working within Project or Project Portfolio or Workforce Management systems.
May consider an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Project Management Professional (PMP).
• CAPM, ITIL, and/or technical certifications.
Other Skills and Abilities
• Ability to manage through high level of ambiguity and multiple requests from variety of sources.
• Strong project management skills.
• Outstanding technical/business communication skills.
• Excellent technical writing and customer interaction skills.
• Must be able to have business level conversation with customers and assist them in deploying solutions to meet business requirements.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is constantly required to sit, talk, see, hear, and use hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand; move about, climb steps or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this classification. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of personnel so classified.
Logicalis is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is our policy to employ people who are qualified by reason of education, training, experience, and demonstrated performance. We value diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, age, height, weight, disability, veteran status, or any other reason prohibited by applicable federal or state laws.