At LG we make products and services that make lives better, easier and happier through increased functionality and fun. Put simply, we offer the latest innovations to make “Life Good” – from home appliances, consumer electronics, vehicle components and mobile communications to business innovations in digital signage, air conditioning, solar and LED lighting. As a global leader, we strive for greatness in product leadership, market leadership and people leadership to realize our growth strategies.
Talk about a mantra. Life’s Good with LG!
We are currently seeking a Senior or Staff AI/Machine Learning Engineer to join our dynamic team in Santa Clara as part of the LG Silicon Valley Lab organization.
LG Silicon Valley Lab is LG Electronics premier innovation center focused on bringing the webOS platform to the next generation LG consumer electronics products, including the LG Smart TV.
With a diverse and experienced team, LG Silicon Valley lab innovates as nimble as a startup while leveraging upon LG's world renowned brand. We invite you to be a part of our growing team located in Santa Clara and San Francisco California.
LG is looking to push the boundaries of AI to build innovative product and services solutions to realize LG’s global vision for a connected world. As a part of this initiative, LG has set up an Advanced AI organization in North America centered in Silicon Valley.
As part of LG’s North America AI initiative, we are looking for an experience AI / Machine Learning engineer with background and hands-on experience developing and productionizing ML algorithms and tools.
You will take contribute to the development efforts for Auptimizer - our open-source model optimization and scaling toolkit. You will design novel experiments, evaluate existing state-of-the-art, and create prototype implementations focusing on the research gaps in performing machine learning and hyperparameter optimization on edge devices. You are also encouraged to publish high quality papers and patents and collaborate with leading academic universities in this field.
You will be based in Silicon Valley and work alongside a multi-disciplinary team that includes data scientists, ML/AI scientists, product managers, and software developers. Seniority will be commensurate with experience and accomplishments.
• Technical contribution for Auptimizer – our open-source model optimization and scaling toolkit.
• Develop and execute the Auptimizer technical roadmap including implementing ML algorithms, setting project milestones and timelines, and contributing to overall team strategy.
• Stay up-to-date on advances in hyper-parameter optimization, model compression, neural architecture search, and scaling model training across elastic resources (CPUs, GPUs, clusters).
• Apply software engineering best practices to the development of Auptimizer including architecting its design to writing unit tests.
• Stay up-to-date on developments in machine learning, particularly for Tensorflow/Pytorch/Keras.
• Be (or become) the subject-matter expert on frameworks for model training and inference on edge devices, as well as model standardization (including Tensorflowlite, ONNX).
• Work with team members on original research in the model compression and neural architecture search
• Be a mentor to the junior associates on the team.
• An M.S./Ph.D. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Statistics or related quantitative discipline with a focus on machine learning. At least 3 years of experience post-Masters or fresh PhD graduate.
• Demonstrable experience in coding/developing/productionizing ML algorithms, solutions, and delivering/deploying prototypes/projects.
• Fluent coder with experience in two or more of Python, C/C++, Java, and R.
• Experience with Tensorflow and Pytorch. Experience with Docker and containerization technologies.
• Experience with at least one of the major cloud providers preferably AWS.
• Experience with source control (Git) and project management (Jira) tools.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
• Experience developing/coding advanced hyperparameter optimization techniques, model compression, or neural architecture search.
• Experience contributing to and maintaining an open-source repo
• Peer-reviewed publications in the field of machine learning or data science
LG Electronics, USA Inc., LG Mobile Research USA LLC, and Zenith Electronics LLC provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Further, the Company takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed and employees are treated during employment without regard to any of these characteristics.