Thank you for your interest in joining the Centauri team. Together, we can leverage the next generation of advanced technologies to deliver industry-leading capabilities across land, air, sea, space, and cyberspace. Our goal is to deliver innovative solutions using an agile, mission-first approach to address the most difficult technical challenges facing our customers. The only way that we can tackle these challenges is by recruiting the brightest minds in the industry to join our team.
The Centauri team has an immediate need for a highly motivated Enterprise Architect professional to support our Naval Air Systems Command (NAVAIR) and broader cross-Navy Systems Commands and Joint community end-customers. The Job involves the development of future Distributed Maritime Operations (DMO) Anti-Surface & Strike Warfare (ASuW, STW) Command, Control, Computers, Communications, Cyber and Intelligence, Surveillance, Reconnaissance and Targeting (C5ISR&T) System of Systems architectures. This includes integrated architectures for advanced kinetic/non-kinetic targeting systems, mission planning systems, and Composite Warfare Commander (CWC) battle management tactical decision aids.
NAVAIR Naval Air Warfare Center Weapons Division, China Lake CA direct customer is lead organization for the development of C5ISR&T future architectures on behalf of the Navy overarching OPNAV Digital Warfare Office (DWO) sponsor. In this regard, work will involve being engaged in a highly dynamic established collaborative government-contractor team spanning the Naval Air Systems Command (NAVAIR), Naval Information Warfare Center (NIWC) Pacific and Atlantic, and Naval Sea Systems Command (NAVSEA). This position is based out of the Centauri Carlsbad, CA office or more ideally, onsite at NAWCWD China Lake, CA. However, the position can accommodate locations elsewhere US wide assuming the applicant is willing to support regular travel requirements.
• Defining architectures in collaboration with other government and contractor research and development organizations for DMO circa 2024, 2028 and 2032 near-peer contested operating environments threat scenarios. This includes periodic virtual or onsite participation enterprise architecture multi-day workshops at distributed US-wide locations.
• Developing program management, systems engineering, technical solutions, and system architectures.
• Conducting systems architecture gap assessments and analysis of alternatives trade studies, both individually or via group forums, to identify future architecture design recommendations and capability development requirements.
• Analyzing DMO Enterprise Architecture models to define and develop enterprise architecture implementation recommendations for the US Government.
• Performing Risk Analysis, developing Risk Mitigation strategies, and monitoring Risk Mitigation activities.
• A willingness to travel on a regular basis to NAWCWD China Lake CA if not located onsite plus to periodic DWO enterprise architecture exchange meetings at SYSCOM facilities and contractor locations.
• Undergraduate BA or BS degree in Engineering, Mathematics, or other related technical discipline. Graduate level degree preferred.
• Ten (10) or more years Department of Defense (DoD) C5ISR&T Systems of Systems domain experience. Additional Intelligence Community (IC) ISR systems and DoD long range surface/air weapon systems and mission planning domain experience preferred.
• Experience developing and/or analyzing Concepts of Employment (CONEMP) and Concepts of Operation (CONOPS) for C5ISR&T systems.
• Possess strong knowledge of MBSE principles, modeling tools, and techniques. Additional experience with other community methods and tools a plus (e.g. UML, DoDAF, UDPM, EAF).
• The ability to work effectively with peers in a dynamic distributed and collaborative government-contractor team environment to include access and use of share access tools and repositories (e.g. Share Point, APAN, DI2E, IntelDocs).
• Proactively capable of taking the initiative to identify, own, and solve customer problems and willing to actively learn on the job as work requirements dictate.
• Strong interpersonal, written and communications skills with the ability to interface with different personalities across a wide range of positions combined with the agile ability to independently execute work tasks in a changing environment.
• Sound organizational and technical writing skills (e.g. white papers, reports, presentations).
• Active Top Secret clearance desired. TS/SCI clearance level preferred or willingness to obtain this clearance level through government sponsorship.
Centauri is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other factor protected by law.