Chief Marketing Officer
Do you share Hornblower's passion for providing amazing experiences? If you’re all about customer service and thrive on teams where communication, creativity, and cooperation are encouraged, this may be the place for you. As we say at Hornblower, why work when you can cruise?
The Chief Marketing Officer is responsible for all activities related to conceptualizing and implementing market strategy and achieving marketing targets. Specific responsibilities include business and market development; market research and planning; strategic direction for promotion and advertising; coordination with sales; and hiring and directing the day-to-day activities of marketing staff. Responsible for the 2-pronged effort of overseeing digital marketing strategy and support services.
- Serve as chief marketing officer of the company, providing support in the area of marketing strategy and management.
- Develop the annual marketing plan and the strategies, tactics, and resources necessary to achieve goals.
- Collaborate with VP of Sales on revenue models and pricing, where applicable
- Ensure processes and best practices are in place to maintain the integrity of Hornblower customer data
- Effectively manage a variety of technology, data, and service vendors
- Support segmentation and leverage the marketing database for greater campaign efficiency and effectiveness
- Going well beyond administrative sales support, provide marketing expertise to the sales team to help them achieve their revenue goals.
- Ensure marketing communications are coordinated, support marketing plan objectives and meet organizational expenditure requirements in conjunction with VP of Sales.
- Provide leadership and/or support the design, development, and implementation of products and service lines.
- Provide leadership in the development of joint ventures, affiliations and partnership arrangements.
- Oversee and provide direction to market and competitor analysis.
- Create a system-wide marketing reporting function that can track, measure and analyze performance.
- Coordinate marketing efforts of resellers with strategic plans and objectives.
- Provide marketing skills and expertise to the company by building, developing and managing a marketing team capable of carrying out the necessary marketing strategies and tactics.
- Prepare presentations to explain the company's current and future strategies
- Provide leadership and support for the design, development, and implementation of products and service lines.
- Evaluate the business from a customer/customer segment perspective and lead the organization in evaluating the business from a customer perspective.
- Oversee and direct market research, competitor analyses and customer service and retention monitoring processes and initiatives.
- Maintain the highest quality of staff through effective recruiting, hiring, retention, coaching, succession planning and training
- Manage marketing services department, including development and distribution of all marketing collateral.
- A minimum of 10 years of experience and a demonstrated track record in marketing and planning
- BS degree in Marketing, Communications or relevant field
- Proven work experience as a VP of Marketing, Marketing Director or other senior roles
- Demonstrable experience designing and implementing successful marketing campaigns
- Solid knowledge of SEO, web analytics, and Google Adwords
- Experience with CRM software and digital marketing tools and techniques
- Strong leadership skills
- Excellent communications skills
- Strong analytical and project management skills
- Strategic mindset, with the ability to make difficult decisions
Hornblower Cruises & Events has been the leading yacht and public dining cruise company in the United States for more than 32 years. Companies under the Hornblower umbrella include Alcatraz Cruises, Hornblower Classic Cable Cars, Statue Cruises, Niagara Cruises and NYC Ferry, operated by Hornblower.
Hornblower is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Additionally, Hornblower participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations.
Hornblower is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may call us at 415-635-2285.