Trinity Metro is currently hiring Operators. The successful candidate will represent Trinity Metro in a positive, customer friendly, respectful, honest and professional manner.
This positon's responsibilities include:
- Report for duty promptly in proper uniform and physical condition.
- Properly operate bus over prescribed route, following time schedule.
- Provide information to passengers in a courteous, efficient manner; use proper etiquette to assist passengers with disabilities.
- Use correct safety procedures to operate lift, secure wheelchairs, and other assistive devices when assisting passengers with disabilities.
- Keep bus comfortable; operate bus smoothly and safely; conduct daily vehicle inspections to ensure safety.
- Collect proper fares and punch transfers.
- Prepare written reports on traffic accidents, bus incidents, road damage, etc.
- Operate a two-way radio system in accordance with established rules and regulations of Trinity Metro and Federal Communication Commission (FCC).
- Make announcements to passengers upon approaching prescribed destination.
First year - $15.50
Second year - $17.50
Third year - $20.19
Fourth year - $23.80
- Valid driver’s license for at least three (3) years
- No more than 1 moving violation within the last three (3) years
- At least 21 years old
- Able to work flexible work schedule Monday – Sunday
- Pass written portion of CDL B permit with passenger endorsement by the second week of training.
- Ability to pass complete reference, motor vehicle, criminal, and drug and physical background checks
- Bilingual a plus
Retained a drivers license for last 3 years.
High School Graduate or General Equivalency Diploma (GED).
Any combination of experience, training and/ or education that provides the required knowledge, abilities, and skills may substitute for the required education.