IN-HOUSE COMMERCIAL REAL ESTATE PARALEGAL
Seeking a Commercial Real Estate paralegal with at least five years of experience to work in-house in the legal department of a large well-respected corporate employer in Atlanta, where it’s possible to be both busy/engaged and maintain a work-life harmony. Terrific opportunity to ditch the billable hours and be part of a collaborative team. This individual will be one of three paralegals responsible for managing executed commercial real estate contracts in multiple states and will handle between 25-30 contracts simultaneously. The position is part paralegal and part project manager. Paralegals are responsible for preliminary review and compliance of various documents supporting the real estate acquisition process, including title commitments, surveys, plats, title documents, executed contracts, leases, and other legal due diligence materials and supporting documentation, and also may handle condemnation matters. Other key duties include:
- Abstract contracts for tasks and deadlines.
- Create, update and maintain critical dates and deadline notification emails; circulate to relevant internal parties to comply with the Service Level Agreement.
- Draft closing documents, contract amendments, easements, objection letters, and other documents related to the acquisition and disposition of real estate for attorney review.
- Participate in team meetings to discuss legal project status, critical dates and deadlines; be comfortable taking the lead in presenting information in a group setting.
- Serve as a point of communication with the title company to obtain title documents, clear title insurance requirements and coordinate upcoming closings.
- Create, organize and maintain legal files for each location to be acquired, sold or leased.
- File, organize and create closing binders for each closing transaction.
- Work closely with Corporate Counsel and other department personnel to handle issues and conflicts throughout each transaction’s life-cycle (including post-closing).
- Liaise with teams in real estate, engineering, construction, environmental, licensing as needed.
The right individual will develop and maintain an overall knowledge of the real estate processes, procedures, and documentation requirements within each applicable state. Position requires a degree from an accredited college or university; paralegal certification preferred. Must be proficient with MS Office Suite; iManage a plus.
Only candidates with a stable resume and relevant experience need apply. For consideration, please apply online at www.connectstaffinginc.com (highly preferred) or send your resume to email@example.com.
Connect With Us
Connect Staffing is your link to successful recruiting – connecting the best people with the right jobs. We recruit for a wide range of corporate and legal positions and offer the convenience of direct hire and contract staffing (temp and temp to perm). Our unique approach combines thorough screening and testing, cutting-edge technology and spot-on intuition. We put this to work for some of the country's most respected corporations and law firms for the mutual benefit of clients and candidates.