Job Code/Title: R7011/ Physician
FLSA : Exempt
OPEN UNTIL FILLED
UNM Medical Group, Inc. (UNMMG) is the practice plan organization for physicians and other medical providers associated with the UNM Health Sciences Center. UNM Medical Group, Inc. is a New Mexico non-profit corporation and is an equal opportunity employer. UNMMG offers a competitive salary and an attractive benefit package which includes medical, dental, vision, and life insurance as well as tuition assistance, paid leave and 403b retirement for benefits eligible employees.
UNM Medical Group, Inc, is seeking a full-time board-certified or board eligible Family Medicine or Internal Medicine/Pediatric trained Physician to work as a vital team member in our primary care clinic. This position will provide patient care through a Patient-Centered Medical Home model which will include multidisciplinary team-based ambulatory services. Will require minimal on-call duties for critical lab values, This is a unique opportunity to participate in, and be a part of, the highly anticipated opening of the new UNMMG Primary Care Clinic
The following statements are intended to describe, in broad terms, the general functions and responsibility levels characteristic of positions assigned to this classification. They should not be viewed as an exhaustive list of the specific duties and prerequisites applicable to individual positions that have been so classified.
Under indirect supervision, provides and manages direct health care for a specified patient population
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides and manages direct patient care, including physical examinations, evaluations, assessments, diagnoses and treatment for a specified patient population.
- Prescribes pharmaceuticals, other medications, and treatment regimens as appropriate to assessed medical conditions.
- Refers patients to specialists and to relevant patient care components as appropriate.
- Trains and supervises medical students and residents engaged in specialty activities and procedures, as appropriate.
- May manage the daily operations of a specific medical program, patient care unit, or research function.
- Directs and coordinates the patient care activities of nursing and support staff as required.
- Follows established departmental policies, procedures, and objectives, continuous quality improvement objectives, and safety, environmental, and/or infection control standards.
- As appropriate to the position, participates in specified health promotion, education and/or prevention programs.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Minimum Job Requirements
Medical doctor with 3 to 5 years of directly related experience which may include residency in a directly related medical specialty. State of New Mexico and Federal DEA Certification; Medical Specialty License or Certification; Board Certified or Board Eligible in specified area of medical specialty. Verification of education and licensure (if applicable) will be required if selected for hire.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Ability to observe, assess, and record symptoms, reactions, and progress.
- Ability to supervise, advise, and train clinical professionals and/or students in area of expertise.
- Knowledge of current principles, methods and procedures for the delivery of medical evaluation, diagnosis and treatment in area of expertise.
- Knowledge of legal and ethical standards for the delivery of medical care.
- Knowledge of relevant drugs and non-pharmaceutical patient care aids and ability to prescribe dosages and instruct patients in correct usage.
- Knowledge of community medical diagnostic and patient care services in area of medical expertise.
- Ability to maintain quality, safety, and/or infection control standards.
- Ability to develop and present educational programs and/or workshops.
- Knowledge of related accreditation and certification requirements.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
Conditions of Employment
- Employees in this job title may be subject to the terms and conditions of an employment contract. If applicable, employment contracts are typically subject to review and renewal on an annual basis.
- Subject to UNM credentialing process; must maintain credentialed status.
- Basic life support (BLS) Certification.
- Must be employment eligible as verified by the U.S. Dept. of Health and Human Services Office of Inspector General (OIG) and the Government Services Administration (GSA).
- Must pass a pre-employment criminal background check.
- Fingerprinting, and subsequent clearance, is required for this position.
- Must provide proof of varicella & MMR immunity or obtain vaccinations within 90 days of employment.
- Must obtain annual influenza vaccination.
- If this position is assigned to a clinical area, successful candidate will be required to complete a pre-placement medical evaluation/health screen. Required N-95 mask fitting, testing, vaccinations to include annual TST and Hepatitis will be determined based on location and nature of position.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort
- Will work with blood or blood-borne pathogens and will require OSHA training.
- Occasional risk exposure to unusual elements such as toxic chemicals, bio-hazardous materials requiring awareness of safety precautions. May include the use of protective equipment.
- Physical Demand requirements are in excess of those for Light Work.
- Moderate physical activity. Requires exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.