Position Class Code/Title: A1019 / Administrative Assistant
BEST CONSIDERATION DATE: OPEN UNTIL FILLED
UNM Medical Group, Inc. (UNMMG) is the practice plan organization for physicians and other medical providers associated with the UNM Health Sciences Center. UNM Medical Group, Inc. is a New Mexico non-profit corporation and is an equal opportunity employer. UNMMG offers a competitive salary and an attractive benefit package which includes medical, dental, vision, and life insurance as well as tuition assistance, paid leave and 403b retirement for benefits eligible employees.
This position will provide administrative support for the Locum Tenens/SES Program at the UNMMG. The Locum Tenens program functions to provide medical coverage needs throughout the state of New Mexico through the use of temporary assignments for MD.s, DO's, PA's, NP's and Dentists. This individual will need to be dedicated, highly organized and detail-oriented to support the administrative needs of this unique program. Must be a team player and willing to cross train in other areas of the program. Job duties will include a variety of associated administrative, fiscal, staff support, some specialized skill knowledge such as record keeping, budgetary monitoring and database management.
The following statements are intended to describe, in broad terms, the general functions and responsibility levels characteristic of positions assigned to this classification. They should not be viewed as an exhaustive list of the specific duties and prerequisites applicable to individual positions that have been so classified.
Performs a variety of administrative and staff support duties for a specified unit/department, which require a range of skills and a knowledge of organizational policies and procedures. Assists and directs visitors, and resolves administrative problems and inquiries; composes, edits, and proofreads correspondence and reports, and prepares a range of administrative documents.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinates and performs a range of staff and/or operational support activities for the unit; serves as a liaison with other departments and operating units in the resolution of day-to-day administrative and operational problems.
- Provides administrative/secretarial support for the department/division such as answering telephones, assisting visitors, and resolving and/or referring a range of administrative problems and inquiries.
- Operates personal computer to compose and edit correspondence and/or memoranda from dictation, verbal direction, or from knowledge of established department/division policies; may prepare, transcribe, compose, type, edit, and distribute agendas and/or minutes of meetings.
- Schedules and coordinates meetings, events, interviews, appointments, and/or other similar activities for supervisors, which may include coordinating travel and lodging arrangements.
- Prepares or assists with the preparation of scheduled and/or ad hoc statistical and narrative reports; performs basic information gathering and analysis and/or forecasting, as specifically directed.
- Posts, balances, monitors, and reconciles internal department/division monthly ledgers, budgets, and financial reporting system reports; may prepare drafts of budget planning documents; may serve as department/division bookholder and/or paymaster; may manage petty cash disbursements and reconciliations.
- Establishes, maintains, and updates files, databases, records, and/or other documents; develops and maintains data, and performs routine analyses and calculations in the processing of data for recurring internal reports.
- Sorts, screens, reviews, and distributes incoming and outgoing mail; composes, prepares, or ensures timely responses to a variety of routine written inquiries.
- Requisitions supplies, printing, maintenance, and other services.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS
High school diploma or GED with at least 3 years of experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified. Verification of education and licensure (if applicable) will be required if selected for hire.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Knowledge of supplies, equipment, and/or services ordering and inventory control.
- Ability to gather and analyze statistical data and generate reports.
- Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports.
- Records maintenance skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to maintain calendars and schedule appointments.
- Database management skills.
- Word processing and/or data entry skills.
- Ability to create, compose, and edit written materials.
- Organizing and coordinating skills.
- Knowledge of general accounting principles.
- Ability to record and transcribe meeting minutes.
- Proficiency in the use of computers and Microsoft Office software.
- Receptionist skills.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Must be employment eligible as verified by the U.S. Dept. of Health and Human Services Office of Inspector General (OIG) and the Government Services Administration (GSA).
- Must pass a pre-employment criminal background check.
- Fingerprinting, and subsequent clearance, is required.
- Must provide proof of varicella & MMR immunity or obtain vaccinations within 90 days of employment.
- Must obtain annual influenza vaccination.
- If this position is assigned to a clinical area, successful candidate will be required to complete a pre-placement medical evaluation/health screen. Required N-95 mask fitting, testing, vaccinations to include annual TST and Hepatitis will be determined based on location and nature of position.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
- No or very limited exposure to physical risk.
- Work involves sitting most of the time, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time. Walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
- Sedentary Work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects, including the human body.
- No or very limited physical effort required.