Position Class Code/Title: E7045 / Manager, IT Applications
FLSA : Exempt
FOR BEST CONSIDERATION DATE: OPEN UNTIL FILLED
UNM Medical Group, Inc. (UNMMG) is the practice plan organization for physicians and other medical providers associated with the UNM Health Sciences Center. UNM Medical Group, Inc. is a New Mexico non-profit corporation and is an equal opportunity employer. UNMMG offers a competitive salary and an attractive benefit package which includes medical, dental, vision, and life insurance as well as tuition assistance, paid leave and 403b retirement for benefits eligible employees.
The chosen candidate must possess knowledge and skills related to Healthcare IT Applications and how these applications affect Revenue Cycle. Knowledge in the areas of AES, ETM, Cache, DBMS, Python Scripting, and application testing is desired. The chosen candidate will also have managerial experience in Healthcare Applications. Knowledge of Linux, system interfaces, vendor management, and SFTP would help the candidate to be successful. The Manager will oversee Programmers of various levels of knowledge, focus, and expertise so being able to work across these areas will be essential. Weekend and/or holiday work may be necessary depending on the issues that arise and the urgency associated with these issues. This position will also be working with other entities within the Health System so clear and effective communication is a must
The following statements are intended to describe, in broad terms, the general functions and responsibility levels characteristic of positions assigned to this classification. They should not be viewed as an exhaustive list of the specific duties and prerequisites applicable to individual positions that have been so classified.
Serves information processing by planning, organizing, and evaluating IT Applications processes as well as managing IT applications staff members.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages operational objectives by maintaining current systems; evaluating, recommending, testing and installing application updates; contributing information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; completing audits; identifying trends; determining system improvements; implementing change.
- Manages IT applications financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances.
- Analyzing needs of users/departments; prioritizing modifications to core system applications; resolves organizational conflict; developing and implementing documentation requirements for problem resolution.
- Improves quality results by evaluating and upgrading processes; directing changes.
- Collects, analyzes, and summarizes data and trends in new technologies for storage architecture, capacity, and response time.
- Ensures adherence to established UNM Medical Group and departmental policies and procedures, objectives, quality assurance programs, and safety standards.
- Oversees the supervision of personnel, which includes work allocation, training, promotion, enforcement of internal procedures and controls, and problem resolution; evaluates performance and makes recommendations for personnel actions; motivates employees to achieve peak productivity and performance.
- Maintains currency of knowledge with respect to relevant state-of-the-art technology, equipment, and/or systems.
- May serve as lead analyst in a design subgroup, directing and integrating the work of analysts, each responsible for several programs.
- Plans and coordinates the analysis, design, programming, timely implementation, and testing of applications projects.
- Oversees developments and improvements to existing applications software.
- Oversees and Leads the development, implementation, installation, and testing of applications software; reviews designs, analyses, and codes for quality and adherence to standards, and develops procedures for the maintenance of applications software.
- Leads a variety of project-related activities requiring expertise in specific scientific/technical areas.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS
Bachelor’s degree with 5 years direct work experience in an IT applications capacity. Verification of education and licensure will be required if selected for hire.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
It is imperative that this position is successful in the following areas; Customer Service, Leadership, Building Relationships, Resolving Conflict, Project Management, Developing Budgets, Promoting Process Improvement, Performance Management, Coaching, Supervision, Quality Management, Results Driven, Developing Standards, Foster Teamwork, and Handles Pressure.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Familiarity with GE Centricity, Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential.
- Can conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Reacts to project adjustments and alterations promptly and efficiently.
- Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including upper management, clients, and other departments.
- Ability to bring project to successful completion through political sensitivity.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Adept at conducting research into project-related issues and products.
- Must be able to learn, understand, and apply new technologies.
- Customer service skills an asset.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment is crucial.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Must be employment eligible as verified by the U.S. Dept. of Health and Human Services Office of Inspector General (OIG) and the Government Services Administration (GSA).
- Must pass a pre-employment criminal background check.
- Fingerprinting, and subsequent clearance, is required.
- Must provide proof of varicella & MMR immunity or obtain vaccinations within 90 days of employment.
- Must obtain annual influenza vaccination.
- If this position is assigned to a clinical area, successful candidate will be required to complete a pre-placement medical evaluation/health screen. Required N-95 mask fitting, testing, vaccinations to include annual TST, Tdap, and Hepatitis B will be determined based on location and nature of position.
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
- No or very limited exposure to physical risk.
- Moderate physical activity. Requires handling of average-weight objects up to 25 pounds or standing and/or walking for more than four (4) hours per day.