Job Code/Title: B5023/ Senior Financial Analyst
OPEN UNTIL FILLED
UNM Medical Group, Inc. (UNMMG) is the practice plan organization for physicians and other medical providers associated with the UNM Health Sciences Center. UNM Medical Group, Inc. is a New Mexico non-profit corporation and is an equal opportunity employer. UNMMG offers a competitive salary and an attractive benefit package which includes medical, dental, vision, and life insurance as well as tuition assistance, paid leave and 403b retirement for benefits eligible employees.
The Senior Financial Analyst is a key partner to the School of Medicine clinical departments to analyze provider productivity and department revenue cycle activities. The analyst is responsible for developing productivity and revenue budgets and rolling forecasts for departments and analyzing results against these plans. Strong presentation skills are required for monthly presentation of data and analysis. The analyst is also responsible for compiling billing data and building monthly reports routinely used by Health Systems leaders to guide decision making.
The following statements are intended to describe, in broad terms, the general functions and responsibility levels characteristic of positions assigned to this classification. They should not be viewed as an exhaustive list of the specific duties and prerequisites applicable to individual positions that have been so classified.
Under general supervision, performs strategic, broad-impact financial analysis and reporting. Supports the Director of Financial Planning in the design, coordination and implementation of budget systems and reports. Compiles information, analyzes data and prepares high level financial reports for UNMMG Senior Management, SOM Department Management, UNMMG Clinics, UNM Health System, UNMMG Board of Directors, UNMMG Finance Committee and other related entities. May serve as a lead to others in the financial planning department in the compilation or analysis of data to support reporting.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversees the design, documentation, and implementation of various integrated systems and applications for periodic and ad hoc financial reporting, utilizing complex electronic financial information from UNM systems and databases.
- Develops complex spreadsheet and database applications; and compiles and analyzes financial models and projections, reports, and presentations that support strategic and programmatic goals of the UNMMG.
- Compiles and analyzes financial information from all components of the organizational entity, and develops integrated revenue/expense analyses, projections, reports, and presentations.
- Collaborates with and coordinates all components of the organization to ensure consistent reporting and adherence to federal and state financial reporting regulations and guidelines, and conformity with university fiscal policies and procedures.
- Analyzes, designs, documents, and implements internal financial reporting systems and procedures for the organization or business entity.
- Designs, coordinates, and implements training programs for personnel within the organization and its components regarding the nature and application operating policies and procedures.
- Provides leadership, administrative management, and operational coordination to various technical, professional, and/or administrative personnel engaged in specified project activities, as appropriate to the position.
- May serve as a lead to others in the financial planning department in the compilation or analysis of data to support department mission.
- May represent the medical group and its agenda to community constituencies, governmental agencies and or funding agencies as required.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree with at least 5 years of experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified. Verification of education and licensure (if applicable) will be required if selected for hire.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Ability to develop and prepare business analyses and plans.
- Knowledge of a range of automated financial systems and applications software.
- Ability to compile, analyze, interpret, and present complex annual financial reports, statements, and/or projections.
- High level ability to process computer data, format and generate reports using complex computerized spreadsheets, relational databases, and strong excel, graphing and PowerPoint skills.
- Experience in a health care environment.
- Experience in working with budgets.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Ability to work both independently and as a member of a professional team.
- Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
- Knowledge of business development practices acquired through experience in the business sector; entrepreneurial perspective on business development.
- Ability to plan, implement, and administer financial information and control systems.
- Knowledge of Federal and State financial regulations.
- Knowledge of the principles, processes, and standards for integrated financial analysis and reporting.
- Must be employment eligible as verified by the U.S. Dept. of Health and Human Services Office of Inspector General (OIG) and the Government Services Administration (GSA).
- Must pass a pre-employment criminal background check.
- Fingerprinting, and subsequent clearance, is required.
- Must provide proof of varicella & MMR immunity or obtain vaccinations within 90 days of employment.
- Must obtain annual influenza vaccination.
- If this position is assigned to a clinical area, successful candidate will be required to complete a pre-placement medical evaluation/health screen. Required N-95 mask fitting, testing, vaccinations to include annual TST, Tdap, and Hepatitis B will be determined based on location and nature of position.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
- No or very limited exposure to physical risk.
- No or very limited physical effort required.