Job Code/Title: B6023/ Supervisor, Accounts Receivable
OPEN UNTIL FILLED
COVER LETTER AND RESUME REQUIRED
UNM Medical Group, Inc. (UNMMG) is the practice plan organization for physicians and other medical providers associated with the UNM Health Sciences Center. UNM Medical Group, Inc. is a New Mexico non-profit corporation and is an equal opportunity employer. UNMMG offers a competitive salary and an attractive benefit package which includes medical, dental, vision, and life insurance as well as tuition assistance, paid leave and 403b retirement for benefits eligible employees.
The Accounts Receivable Supervisor will be responsible for supervising several posting staff as well as Tech 3 staff. You will perform the functions of downloading the electronic files on a daily basis to prepare for all posters and balancing the daily receipts with the Finance Reports.
This positon will ensure that our posting lag is within the appropriate time and manage the reassignment of files when needed.
The following statements are intended to describe, in broad terms, the general functions and responsibility levels characteristic of positions assigned to this classification. They should not be viewed as an exhaustive list of the specific duties and prerequisites applicable to individual positions that have been so classified.
Reporting to the Receipting Manager, supervises and coordinates the receipting processes of UNM Medical Group, Inc.'s medical payment systems. Provides input into operating policies and procedures for the unit.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversees all facets of the daily operations of the organizational unit, ensuring compliance with UNMMG, state, and federal laws, policies, and regulations.
- Oversees the supervision of personnel, which includes work allocation, training, promotion and enforcement of internal procedures and controls, and problem resolution; evaluates performance and makes recommendations for personnel actions; motivates employees to achieve peak productivity and performance.
- Has input into the development and implementation of mechanisms and controls to ensure appropriate billing and charge entry cycles, and accurate and timely billing, in accordance with established internal and third party payor requirements.
- Monitors billing and payment posting for compliance with established policies, regulations, procedures, and standards.
- Reviews medical records and resolves problems concerning the recording or provision of services rendered.
- Prepares and maintains required records, files, and reports on billing and payment posting.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Minimum Job Requirements
High school diploma or GED with at least 5 years of directly related work experience acquired in a medical environment including a minimum of 1 year of supervisory experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified. Verification of education and licensure (if applicable) will be required if selected for hire.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Skill in the use of personal computers and related software applications.
- Ability to supervise and train employees, to include organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments.
- Ability to develop and maintain recordkeeping systems and procedures.
- Knowledge of operational characteristics and procedural requirements of third party medical insurance payers.
- Knowledge of appropriate billing and payment cycles for medical accounts.
- Ability to supervise and train employees, to include organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments. Skilled in employee development and performance management.
- Employee development and performance management skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Ability to foster a cooperative work environment.
- Knowledge of health care billing procedures, documentation, and standards.
- Ability to analyze medical records and identify billable services.
Conditions of Employment
- Must be employment eligible as verified by the U.S. Dept. of Health and Human Services Office of Inspector General (OIG) and the Government Services Administration (GSA).
- Must pass a pre-employment criminal background check.
- Fingerprinting, and subsequent clearance, is required.
- Must provide proof of varicella & MMR immunity or obtain vaccinations within 90 days of employment.
- Must obtain annual influenza vaccination.
- If this position is assigned to a clinical area, successful candidate will be required to complete a pre-placement medical evaluation/health screen. Required N-95 mask fitting, testing, vaccinations to include annual TST, Tdap, and Hepatitis B will be determined based on location and nature of position.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort
- No or very limited exposure to physical risk.
- No or very limited physical effort required.
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.