Job Code/Title: S0010/ Clinic RN/ Outpatient
FLSA : Non- Exempt
BEST CONSIDERATION DATE: OPEN UNTIL FILLED
UNM Medical Group, Inc. (UNMMG) is the practice plan organization for physicians and other medical providers associated with the UNM Health Sciences Center. UNM Medical Group, Inc. is a New Mexico non-profit corporation and is an equal opportunity employer. UNMMG offers a competitive salary and an attractive benefit package which includes medical, dental, vision, and life insurance as well as tuition assistance, paid leave and 403b retirement for benefits eligible employees.
The Center for Reproductive Health specializes in family planning which provides comforting, nonjudgmental support with a personal touch to the Albuquerque area. This position will provide safe direct care to the patients, adhere to all standards, infection prevention and organizational policies, procedures and guidelines. This clinic uses conscious sedation for our patients so conscious sedation certification is preferred. If you are not certified, you must pass the UNMMG provided conscious sedation training within 60 days of hire. If you think you would be the perfect addition to our team, we invite you to apply. We would love to meet you
The following statements are intended to describe, in broad terms, the general functions and responsibility levels characteristic of positions assigned to this classification. They should not be viewed as an exhaustive list of the specific duties and prerequisites applicable to individual positions that have been so classified.
Under the general supervision of the clinic Practice Manager and the clinic Medical Director, provide direct care to patients by collecting patient data and/or medical histories, registers patients, and provides administrative services such as coordinating and scheduling appointments and verifying medical coverage. Establish and provide safe direct patient care, utilizing established nursing processes in an ambulatory setting; ensures adherence to all standards, infection prevention and organizational policies, procedures and guidelines. Establishes goals and priorities in accordance with male, female and adolescent patient and staff needs and organizational objectives.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides specialized nursing services. Assesses patients' conditions and nursing needs; sets goals, plans and implements care within scope of medical protocols, assuring that all medical care is documented and medical records are accurate and complete.
- Reports and records pertinent observations regarding patients to medical staff, administers medications, and performs routine treatments, and assists physicians with tests and complex procedures and treatments.
- Serves as a liaison between physician and patients and other staff by assisting with educational needs, problem resolution and health management.
- Serves as a clinical resource, ensuring quality patient care that meets national and quality standards.
- Assists in the development of emergency measures for adverse developments in patients.
- Collaborates with medical providers, patient care staff and clinic management in the planning and implementation of patient and staff education.
- May participate in the orientation, training and evaluation of new staff.
- Educates patient care staff in the use and maintenance of new equipment, supplies and instruments; coordinates in-service training; promotes continuous improvement of workplace safety and environmental practices.
- May process data and generate reports, assist in the reception and discharge areas as required, and handle patient calls.
- Interacts with clinic staff, managers, physicians and other patient care providers regarding documentation policies, procedures and regulations; obtains clarification of conflicting or non-specific documentation as well as when additional documentation or signatures are required.
- Establishes internal and external outreach programs designed to improve health care outcomes and clinic visibility.
- Designs or participates in the creation of health education materials.
- Creates collaborative relationships with community and state agencies in an effort to maximize resources.
- Represents any/all UNMMG clinics at health fairs or community events providing information and services to promote the clinics to other professionals as well as the general public.
- Will facilitate the Point of Care Testing Advisory Committee for UNMMG.
- Coordinate quality initiatives and activities and assist with the development of written standards and protocols.
- Serves as a resource and coach for Quality Assurance Projects in the Clinics.
- Serves as a resource and participates in any compliance issues or initiatives.
- Performs miscellaneous job duties as assigned.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS
Associate degree in nursing with 1 year of nursing experience. Licensed Registered Nurse in the State of New Mexico. Verification of education and licensure (if applicable) will be required if selected for hire.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of clinical protocol, procedures and standards
- Ability to provide operational guidance and leadership to technical staff in area of specialty
- Strong organizational and coordination skills.
- Ability to read, understand, follow and enforce safety procedures
- Demonstrated nursing skills in area of specialty.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively at all levels in a collaborative, customer service oriented, team environment.
- Ability to plan, implement and evaluate individual patient care programs.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Certification or BLS.
- Must be employment eligible as verified by the U.S. Dept. of Health and Human Services Office of Inspector General (OIG) and the Government Services Administration (GSA).
- Must pass a pre-employment criminal background check.
- Fingerprinting, and subsequent clearance, is required.
- Must provide proof of varicella & MMR immunity or obtain vaccinations within 90 days of employment.
- Must obtain annual influenza vaccination.
- If this position is assigned to a clinical area, successful candidate will be required to complete a pre-placement medical evaluation/health screen. Required N-95 mask fitting, testing, vaccinations to include annual TST, Tdap, and Hepatitis B will be determined based on location and nature of position.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT
- Work is performed in an interior medical/clinical environment.
- Will work with blood or blood-borne pathogens and will require OSHA training.
- Occasional risk exposure to unusual elements such as toxic chemicals, bio-hazardous materials requiring awareness of safety precautions. May include the use of protective equipment.
- Physical Demand requirements are in excess of those for Light Work.
- Moderate physical activity. Requires exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.