Position Class Code/Title: A1019 / Administrative Assistant
BEST CONSIDERATION DATE: OPEN UNTIL FILLED
UNM Medical Group, Inc. (UNMMG) is the practice plan organization for physicians and other medical providers associated with the UNM Health Sciences Center. UNM Medical Group, Inc. is a New Mexico non-profit corporation and is an equal opportunity employer. UNMMG offers a competitive salary and an attractive benefit package which includes medical, dental, vision, and life insurance as well as tuition assistance, paid leave and 403b retirement for benefits eligible employees.
Truman Health Services is a NCQA Patient Centered Medical Home which provides the highest level of care and latest treatment options for New Mexicans living with HIV, requiring gender services or seeking PrEP. We offer a variety of treatment services utilizing a holistic approach towards supporting our patients' medical, social and mental health needs.
Truman Health Services is seeking an experienced candidate to serve as an Administrative Assistant.
This individual will need to be dedicated, highly organized and detail-oriented to support administrative needs of a fast-paced highly complex patient centered medical home. Candidates must be familiar with organizing in-person and virtual meetings, coordinating processes with multiple individuals involved and maintaining strict confidentiality with patient or personnel files. The successful candidate should be a self-starter, able to multitask and prioritize assigned work according to urgency and priority.
The following statements are intended to describe, in broad terms, the general functions and responsibility levels characteristic of positions assigned to this classification. They should not be viewed as an exhaustive list of the specific duties and prerequisites applicable to individual positions that have been so classified.
Performs a variety of administrative and staff support duties for a specified unit/department, which require a range of skills and a knowledge of organizational policies and procedures. Assists and directs visitors, and resolves administrative problems and inquiries; composes, edits, and proofreads correspondence and reports, and prepares a range of administrative documents.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinates and performs a range of staff and/or operational support activities for the unit; serves as a liaison with other departments and operating units in the resolution of day-to-day administrative and operational problems.
- Provides administrative/secretarial support for the department/division such as answering telephones, assisting visitors, and resolving and/or referring a range of administrative problems and inquiries.
- Operates personal computer to compose and edit correspondence and/or memoranda from dictation, verbal direction, or from knowledge of established department/division policies; may prepare, transcribe, compose, type, edit, and distribute agendas and/or minutes of meetings.
- Schedules and coordinates meetings, events, interviews, appointments, and/or other similar activities for supervisors, which may include coordinating travel and lodging arrangements.
- Prepares or assists with the preparation of scheduled and/or ad hoc statistical and narrative reports; performs basic information gathering and analysis and/or forecasting, as specifically directed.
- Posts, balances, monitors, and reconciles internal department/division monthly ledgers, budgets, and financial reporting system reports; may prepare drafts of budget planning documents; may serve as department/division bookholder and/or paymaster; may manage petty cash disbursements and reconciliations.
- Establishes, maintains, and updates files, databases, records, and/or other documents; develops and maintains data, and performs routine analyses and calculations in the processing of data for recurring internal reports.
- Sorts, screens, reviews, and distributes incoming and outgoing mail; composes, prepares, or ensures timely responses to a variety of routine written inquiries.
- Requisitions supplies, printing, maintenance, and other services.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS
High school diploma or GED with at least 3 years of experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified. Verification of education and licensure (if applicable) will be required if selected for hire.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Knowledge of supplies, equipment, and/or services ordering and inventory control.
- Ability to gather and analyze statistical data and generate reports.
- Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports.
- Records maintenance skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to maintain calendars and schedule appointments.
- Database management skills.
- Word processing and/or data entry skills.
- Ability to create, compose, and edit written materials.
- Organizing and coordinating skills.
- Knowledge of general accounting principles.
- Ability to record and transcribe meeting minutes.
- Proficiency in the use of computers and Microsoft Office software.
- Receptionist skills.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Must be employment eligible as verified by the U.S. Dept. of Health and Human Services Office of Inspector General (OIG) and the Government Services Administration (GSA).
- Must pass a pre-employment criminal background check.
- Fingerprinting, and subsequent clearance, is required.
- Must provide proof of varicella & MMR immunity or obtain vaccinations within 90 days of employment.
- Must obtain annual influenza vaccination.
- If this position is assigned to a clinical area, successful candidate will be required to complete a pre-placement medical evaluation/health screen. Required N-95 mask fitting, testing, vaccinations to include annual TST and Hepatitis will be determined based on location and nature of position.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
- No or very limited exposure to physical risk.
- Work involves sitting most of the time, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time. Walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
- Sedentary Work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects, including the human body.
- No or very limited physical effort required.