The United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF) works in 190 countries and territories to put children first. UNICEF has helped save more children’s lives than any other humanitarian organization, by providing health care and immunizations, clean water and sanitation, nutrition, education, emergency relief and more. UNICEF USA supports UNICEF's work through fundraising, advocacy and education in the United States. Together, we are working toward the day when no children die from preventable causes and every child has a safe and healthy childhood. For more information, visit www.unicefusa.org .
Major Gifts Southern California Intern
The Southern California Regional Office of UNICEF USA supports UNCEF’s mission through advocating, fundraising, and hosting events to raise awareness and funds for the world’s children. The intern will support the Los Angeles office’s Major Gifts, Special Events, and Community Engagement departments. We are currently seeking unpaid interns for our cohort that will commence February 11, 2020 and end May 8, 2020.
This internship would provide an opportunity to learn about:
- Commonly used online databases and information libraries, and data presentation and the importance of cultivation, stewardship and fundraising
- Logistics in non-profit fundraising
- Volunteer management strategies through various channels of communication
- Support major gifts fundraising work such as prospect research, donor communications, and donor database maintenance.
- Support special events staff with general event coordination which may include researching venues, benchmarking, creating event-related documentation, and miscellaneous research projects i.e. the UNICEF Ball, the NextGen Masquerade Ball, and Speaker Series events.
- Support organizing and implementation of regional UNICEF Unite activities.
- Participate in meetings of office staff, as requested
- Must be a current student enrolled in a College or University degree program
- Interest in non-profit fundraising, event management or related field preferred
- Must have strong written and oral communication skills
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and strong attention to detail
- Able to work both independently and collaboratively
- Fluency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel is preferred
- Must be a highly motivated team player who enthusiastically embraces the mission of UNICEF and UNICEF USA
- Must demonstrate UNICEF USA Core Values: Trust, Respect, Accountability, Innovation, Teamwork and Service
Time Frame: Fall 2019
Days per Week: Flexible
Hours per Week: 15-20 hours
This is an unpaid internship. Travel stipend will be provided.
UNICEF USA is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.