MAIN JOB RESPONSIBILITIES / COMPETENCIES
1. Thorough knowledge of all applicable SOP's: makes proper decisions in line with applicable SOPs and standards under normal conditions.
2. Perform highly technical tasks in support of manufacturing including equipment set-up and manufacturing of product, tool changes, sterilization processes, and filtration of material and calibration activities as assigned.
3. Troubleshoot issues on equipment and assist with preventative maintenance.
4. Edit equipment programs (as required).
5. Assist in revising procedures related to operation and preventative maintenance.
6. Support qualification activities (as required).
7. Train production operators in the processes.
8. Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION & TRAINING
• Must possess a high school diploma or general education diploma (GED).
• Certification required to operate sterilizers (as required).
• 1 to 2 years’ experience in IOL, Contact Lens or medical device manufacturing industry is preferred.
• Previous experience in using a microscope and other measurement equipment is recommended.
• Experience with an ISO or GMP manufacturing environment.
• Previous experience performing setup or operation of CNC machinery is recommended.
• Must be able to read, write, and speak English.
• Needs to be able to communicate with co-workers at all levels.
• Must possess good manual dexterity, technical aptitude and an ability to troubleshoot problems
• Ability to take direction from lead/supervisor and other management and contribute to departmental goals.
• Should possess adequate organizational skills to handle heavy workloads.
• Basic computer skills strongly preferred.
STAAR Surgical is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran or disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.