Southwest Behavioral & Health Services is a large and growing, non-profit community-based provider of behavioral health services with locations throughout the Phoenix metropolitan area, rural Maricopa County, Gila, Pinal, Mohave, Coconino, and Yavapai Counties. We are a well-established voice in the community with more than 115 sites, over one thousand employees, and 40 years’ experience.
Join Southwest Behavioral & Health for exceptional growth opportunities driven by our promote-from-within philosophy. We provide an EXCELLENT compensation and benefits package, including immediate participation in our 403(b) program with 20% company match after 1 year of service. Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) includes 3 weeks of time-off your 1st year (available after 6 months) and increased vacation accruals after 2, 5 and 10 years of service! We offer low cost medical insurance and offer 100% company-paid dental, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, and Life coverage for employees. Other great benefits include 10 paid holidays, vision, licensure/certification reimbursement, tuition reimbursement, prescription drug discounts, chiropractic services, 100% paid Employee Assistance Program, and much more!
We are currently seeking a Board Certified Behavior Analyst to join our Southwest Autism Center of Excellence (SACE) program, working at our Mesa Outpatient Clinic.
The Board Certified Behavior Analyst position will coordinate with mental health therapy, diagnostic psychological evaluations, and provide Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) treatment to children, adolescents, adults and their families. Provides home and office based assessments and services to individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), treatment plan development, as well as supervision of ABA services.
- Participate and facilitate Child and Family Team Meetings and may also engage in a variety of supports such as peer support, mentoring, and tutoring.
- Provides direct ABA Therapy
- Implements & collects data on teaching programs/behavioral interventions provided by Licensed Supervisor
- Communicating and updating supervisor on behavior changes that affects treatments decisions.
- Maintains and acquires technical knowledge by attending trainings, meetings, and seminars.
- Provide life-skills training, identifying alternatives for caregivers in handling behaviors and monitoring progress in achieving goals.
- Crisis stabilization.
- Conducts developmental and behavioral assessments.
- Facilitates group skills training
- Maintain accurate, thorough, and current documentation of contact with consumers’ treatment progress and services received.
- Coordinates clinical care between resources within and outside of the agency.
- Maintains expected level of productivity.
- Minimum requirement consists of a Master’s degree in Psychology, Education, Speech Language, Applied Behavior Analysis, or related field
- Board Certification (BCBA) or eligible for certification by the Behavior Analysis Certification Board is required.
- At least one year of experience working with children in applying behavioral assessments, creating and implementing function-based treatment plans, and instructing learners with ASD who present with severe challenging behavior (e.g. aggression, self-injury, non-compliance, elopement, pica)
- Experience working with children and young adults in school settings, group homes, and other community settings.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) speaking preferred.
- Must be eligible and/or have a valid Fingerprint Clearance Card through the Arizona Department of Public Safety