|Location:||Head Office (US Only)|
|Position Location:||USA - Washington, DC|
Relief International is a leading nonprofit organization working in roughly 20 countries to relieve poverty, ensure well-being and advance dignity. We specialize in fragile settings, responding to natural disasters, humanitarian crises and chronic poverty.
Relief International combines humanitarian and development approaches to provide immediate services while laying the groundwork for long-term impact. Our signature approach — which we call the RI Way—emphasizes local participation, an integration of services, strategic partnerships and a focus on civic skills. In this way, we empower communities to find, design and implement the solutions that work best for them.
Legal interns are crucial contributors to Relief International. This office is responsible for providing high quality, cost-efficient, legal and related services to our projects throughout the world.
The General Counsel (GC) offers challenging and diverse work assignments for legal interns. The GC handles a wide variety of legal issues including commercial co-ventures, nonprofit tax, contracts, employment and labor, corporate law, sanctions and overall risk management.
We offer internships throughout the year. Course credit may be obtained by arrangement with individual schools. Part-time and full-time options are available. And applications are considered on a rolling basis.
Position Responsibilities and Duties:
• Conduct legal research and prepare legal memoranda, contracts, and other legal documents
• Participate in meetings with international staff, legislative and regulatory meetings and other projects
• Attend legal training offered through local opportunities
• Excellent verbal and written command of the English Language;
• Fluent French and/or Arabic a plus
• Research Skills
• Motivated Self Starter
• Strong organizational skills;
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office, email and internet applications;
Are you a returning applicant?
|Back to Search Results