Position: Finance Manager
Reports To: Reports to Country Director, technical reporting to Regional Finance Director
Location: Juba – South Sudan, with travels to field Offices
Established in 1990, Relief International (RI) is a leading global humanitarian, nonprofit organization committed to transforming adversity into renewal for the world’s most vulnerable populations. By partnering with communities on the front-lines, RI innovatively bridges the gap between immediate relief and long-term community development, providing them the tools and support they need to gain self-reliance.
The Finance Manager (FM) will be responsible for the strategic direction and leadership of all Finance functions of the Country Program. The FM will also have responsibility for ensuring that all financial transactions for the Country Program are accounted for and documented accurately. He/she will be responsible for ensuring that all RI accounting procedures are followed and budgets are adhered to; all donor and HQ reporting requirements and deadlines are met; cash is controlled and accounted for in a timely manner in accordance with RI, donor and audit requirements; costs are correctly allocated to multiple projects.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Supervise finance operations to ensure adequate support is provided to field teams, ensure adequate structure and capacity in field offices to provide effective support to programs.
- Proactively identifies and acts upon deficiencies and areas for improvement in the Finance team, providing training and other capacity-building where necessary to ensure that capacity is continuously developing.
- In coordination with operational team, supports the tracking and monitoring of procurements and expenditures, office purchasing, inventory, and requisition system.
- Review and approve transactional data entry in NetSuite financial system.
- Prepare, review and verify monthly financial accounts of the country office.
- Coordinate, plan and supervise cash flow plans and ensure availability of funds and the accurate maintaining of bank accounts.
- Ensure safeguard of bank checks and cash receipts.
- Manage bank relations and ensure positive engagement and service delivery.
- Coordinate cash facilitation arrangement for field offices.
- Review and approve bank reconciliations.
- Maintains financial records as per RI policies and procedures.
- Coordinate the preparation of project and donor financial reporting.
- Reviews donor reports and reconciliation to financial records. Ensure prompt and timely submission of the donor reports.
- The Finance Manager is the focal point for communication with the donor on finance-related issues and ensures overall accountability for the quality, accuracy and timeliness of donor reports.
- Coordinates the preparation of the project budget variance analysis reports and overall country office financial management reports.
- Point person for country office level external audits.
- Supports global project audits and USG single audits to ensure adequate and prompt response are provided on time.
- Makes records available on request and in consultation with Global audit team, ensures appropriate follow up on audit queries.
Policy and procedures
- Ensures compliance to RI policies and procedures.
- In coordination with senior management team, coordinates the review and update of country specific SOPs and ensures alignment to RI policies and procedures, accounting standards while maintaining congruence to donor regulations and compliance standards.
- Supervise the use and controls around the NetSuite financial systems.
- Point person to communicate and trouble shoot system issues, escalate to regional office and HQ on technical issues.
- Provide training and capacity enhancement to finance teams.
- Ensure transactional documents are scanned and archived to cloud contents management platform.
- Review and reconcile monthly payroll records financial records.
- Coordinate the monthly payroll processing in good time. Supervise the reconciliation of payroll supporting documents for completeness and accuracy.
- Conducts monthly reconciliation of the accrued payroll accounts.
- Periodically reconciles NetSuite payroll ledgers to SAGE payroll database.
- Ensure adequate internal control is maintained and enforced in the country office finance practices.
- Enforce adequate segregation of duties and counter controls for the field offices to provide adequate oversight of the organizations assets.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
This position demands a dynamic individual with a demonstrated ability to achieve results in a demanding and fast paced environment.
- Bachelors degree in accounting, business management or similar first level degree required. Advanced university degree in Finance, Accounting or certification with professional accounting body - ACCA/CPA preferred;
- A minimum of 5 years experience as finance supervisor / lead position and 3 years with international non–profit agencies. US government funded grants financial and administrative management experience preferred;
- Excellent financial and analytical skills;
- Excellent communication and drafting skills for effective reporting on program financial performance;
- Ability to manage a financial/monitoring team and demonstrate leadership;
- Ability to operate in a cross-cultural environment requiring flexibility;
- Familiarity with the aid system, and understanding of donor and governmental requirements;
- Experience managing consortium grants will be an asset;
- The candidate must be detail-oriented and able to work independently;
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles: humanity, neutrality, impartiality, and operational independence. We affirmatively engage the most vulnerable communities. We value:
- Transparency and Accountability
- Agility and Innovation
The closing date for applications is 12 December 2019.
Due to the urgency of this role, we will be reviewing CVs and interviewing candidates on a rolling basis. Interested candidates are asked to submit their application as soon as possible.