Field Finance Director
Position: Field Finance Director
Position in Brief
Key Performance Areas
• In conjunction with Regional Directors, help oversee, direct, and organize the work of the Regional Finance Managers.
• Help develop and deploy a career pathing process for country finance personnel by working with the regions, Regional Finance Managers and Human Resources to codify and communicate processes and career conversations throughout country finance departments.
• Promote a culture of high performance and continuous improvement that values learning and a commitment to quality.
• Help Regional Finance Managers develop a career path based on their expectations and experience in order to match to new or existing opportunities within RI.
• Help regions and GSO finance identify surge roster candidates for emergency or temporary deployments to other areas of need.
• Ensure staff members receive timely and appropriate feedback, training and development.
• Working through the Regional Finance Managers, help build the capacity of country office finance staff as required by identifying training or other career enhancement opportunities.
• Mentor and develop staff using a supportive and collaborative approach: assign accountabilities, set objectives, establish priorities, and monitor and evaluate results.
• Lead the organization to excellence in all aspects of financial management. This will include but not be limited to ensuring the development of relevant field focused policies and procedures, projects to improve effectiveness and efficiency, and implementation of professional standards of performance. Professional standards of performance will include standards on timely account reconciliations, timely completion of month end closes, and accurate and timely donor reporting. This will include helping country offices ensure compliance with donor regulations and RI policies, particularly around procurement, allocations of overhead, and accurate timekeeping in accordance with donor wishes.
• Help lead in the implementation of new global operational improvements to enhance the organization’s effectiveness and efficiency including implementing new systems and new processes, including Shared Accounting Services.
• Coordinate with Global Assurance (GA) to help define high risk operational environments (risk from a compliance capacity perspective) for GA review, and design support interventions to address weaknesses identified through GA reviews.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
Applicants should possess:
• A bachelor degree in accounting or a related, relevant field
• A minimum of 10 years of experience with INGOs at field as well as regional HQ levels.
• Significant experience with finance and accounting at INGOs with a focus on regional or country level finance and accounting operations.
• A significant degree of knowledge of NetSuite or other cloud based accounting/ERP software.
• Proven track record of success preferably within fragile settings, emergencies and developing countries.
• Strong, positive track-record of collaboration – able to work with diverse teams in diverse locations, engaging their input and commitment to success
• High level of organization and decision-making skills working in a fast-paced work environment
• A systematic approach to work
• History of successfully developing and mentoring teams and communicating vision to others.
• Excellent communication skills, written, oral and listening
• Experience in remotely managing a team of 7 or more members
• Creative with the ability to think outside the box
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles: humanity, neutrality, impartiality, and operational independence. We affirmatively engage the most vulnerable communities.
• Transparency and Accountability
• Agility and Innovation
Are you a returning applicant?
|Back to Search Results