Protection Program Manager
|Position Location:||Asia - Afghanistan|
Position: Protection Program Manager
Location: Kabul with extensive travel to the field
Duration: 3 months with possible extension (contingent upon funding)
Reports to: Afghanistan Program Director
Relief International is a leading nonprofit organization working in 18 countries to relieve poverty, ensure well-being and advance dignity. We specialize in fragile settings, responding to natural disasters, humanitarian crises and chronic poverty.
Relief International combines humanitarian and development approaches to provide immediate services while laying the groundwork for long-term impact. Our signature approach — which we call the RI Way—emphasizes local participation, an integration of services, strategic partnerships and a focus on civic skills. In this way, we empower communities to find, design and implement the solutions that work best for them.
Relief International includes the four corporate members of the RI Alliance: RI-US, RI-UK, MRCA/RI-France and RI-Europe. Under our alliance agreement, we operate as a single, shared management structure. In addition, RI has country offices registered as affiliates of one of the alliance members in an additional 18 countries.
The Protection Program Manager is responsible for overseeing all of RI’s protection programming in Afghanistan, including gender based violence (GBV) and MPHSS projects. He/she will lead the design of all new protection programs, lead the expansion of RI’s protection portfolio in Afghanistan, oversee implementation, and ensure timely reporting. He/she will be key in driving the growth and expansion of RI’s humanitarian portfolio (including GBV, MPHSS, and child protection) and support protection mainstreaming in all of RI’s projects. This position requires an individual who is accustomed to the pace of emergency response programming, has experience in successfully leading a diverse team, does not require close supervision or direction, is flexible and highly responsive, and excels at building and strengthening relations with donors.
Position Responsibilities and Duties:
Program Design and Expansion
19. Ensure a high quality of implementation, and documentation of results and impact, including lessons learnt, for GBV, CP, and MPHSS programs. Be accountable for the successful implementation of related grants.
20. Mentor other team members in the field offices including Provincial Program Coordinators (PPCs) on protection mainstreaming and protection principles.
21. Ensure program quality by establishing a system of regular supervision, feedback and improvement for staff delivering clinical care and community services.
22. Identify gaps and make adjustments to programming to ensure RI is meeting targets and being responsive to new protection needs in the area.
23. Provide guidance and expertise in strategic expansion of protection programming particularly how it supports RI core sectors (health, economic opportunity, and education)
24. Represent Rl in GBV, CP, and Protection forums including clusters.
25. Any other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Qualifications & requirements:
This position demands a dynamic individual with a demonstrated ability to achieve results in a demanding and fast paced environment.
• Master's degree in relevant discipline: development studies, project management, etc.
• At least 4 years of experience managing protection projects.
• Experience with humanitarian donors including OCHA, PRM, ECHO in terms of implementation and proposal preparation.
• Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills.
• Excellent planning and project design skills.
• Ability to communicate effectively with, and build the capacity of, national staff.
• Ability to work under difficult and often stressful conditions with significant movement restrictions. Relief International's Values:
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles: humanity, neutrality, impartiality and operational independence. We affirmatively engage the most vulnerable communities. We value:
• Transparency and accountability
• Agility and innovation
Are you a returning applicant?
|Back to Search Results