Country Director – Nigeria Response
|Position Location:||Remotely based|
Position Country Director – Nigeria Response
Reports to: Regional Director / Global Humanitarian Director
About RI: Relief International is a leading nonprofit organization working in 20 countries to relieve poverty, ensure well-being and advance dignity. We specialize in fragile settings, combining humanitarian and development approaches to provide immediate services while laying the groundwork for long-term impact. Our signature approach — which we call the RI Way—emphasizes local participation, an integration of services, strategic partnerships, and a focus on civic skills. In this way, we empower communities to find, design and implement the solutions that work best for them.
RI is seeking an experienced Country Director for a planned start-up of country operations in Nigeria. The Country Director is responsible for identifying needs and resources and elaborating program recommendations for the successful start-up of the Nigeria Country Program. The post-holder will develop and manage country support functions and negotiate and network at an international level. S/he will ensure that all relevant RI policies and procedures with respect to HR, safety and security, code of conduct, equal opportunities and other relevant policies are in place. The post holder will play a strategic role in the mobilization and effective scale up and management of RI programs. The CD will report to the Regional Director with a strong secondary reporting line to the Global Humanitarian Director.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES: Response Leadership and Management
· Coordinate start-up of all aspects of operational implementation, including office set up, security, human resource planning and policies, workforce development and supply chain management. Set up and oversee effective logistics systems to procure, store and distribute stock, supplies and services.
· Conduct oversight of grants ensuring strict compliance with RI national and global policies and procedures and with relevant donor regulations and agreements, SPHERE guidelines and the NGO code of conduct.
· In coordination with programs staff ensure the preparation of timely program and donor reports on project activities in compliance with internal RI requirements and any relevant donor requirements.
· Conducts routine visits to all impact areas of operation to track progress and resolve challenges.
· Ensure optimal safety and security management procedures and practices are in place and continually monitor the safety and security situation, adapting staff safety and security procedures accordingly in collaboration and cooperation with any relevant security staff.
· Oversee the implementation of RI’s policies and procedures with respect to sexual exploitation and abuse, child protection and safeguarding, health and safety, equal opportunities and other relevant policies.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS :
This position demands a dynamic individual with a demonstrated ability to achieve results in a demanding, fast paced and often insecure environment.
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles: humanity, neutrality, impartiality, and operational independence. We affirmatively engage the most vulnerable communities. We value:
Please submit the following: resume, cover letter (let us know your rate, desired length of assignment, what country or countries you will not work in), three professional supervisory references (with contact information), and your date of availability.
Due to the critical nature of this assignment, applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and candidates will be interviewed prior to the closing date that may appear on any of the job boards where this is posted. Female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply. (Candidates who already applied for the Team Leader -Nigeria Response, do not need to re-apply).
Are you a returning applicant?
|Back to Search Results