About Relief International:
Relief International is a leading nonprofit organization working in 16 countries to relieve poverty, ensure the well-being, and advance dignity. We specialize in fragile settings, responding to natural disasters, humanitarian crises, and chronic poverty.
Relief International combines humanitarian and development approaches to provide immediate services while laying the groundwork for long-term impact. Our signature approach — which we call the RI Way—emphasizes local participation, an integration of services, strategic partnerships, and a focus on civic skills. In this way, we empower communities to find, design, and implement the solutions that work best for them.
Relief International includes the four corporate members of the RI Alliance: RI-US, RI-UK, MRCA/RI-France and RI-Europe. Under our alliance agreement, we operate as a single, shared management structure.
The IP Officer works with the Humanitarian Director and IP Manager and the three regional teams (Asia, Africa, and the Middle East) to support specific initiatives related to Program Management, Humanitarian, and Program Quality.
The IP Officer also takes the lead in organizing special events, assisting with meetings, writing summaries, and providing general project management and administrative support.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
Program Management and Quality
- Support the IP department in oversight and training in the Program Management Framework (the RI system which contains tools and processes to promote program quality) including updating and maintaining current content, as well as integrating new content as needed.
- Under guidance of the IP Manager, support the Program Quality Assessments and data capture process. This includes Smartsheet online data management and support, as well as Power BI dashboards and visualization tools in collaboration with regional and country teams.
- Problem solves content management issues and collaborates with the IP Manager to expand PMF and PQ Assessment use across the organization.
- In collaboration with the IP Manager, support the strengthening of the monthly Portfolio Review process, including analysis of regional data, management review via Smartsheets and Power BI, and participate in global and regional reviews as appropriate.
- Lead on humanitarian department initiatives as assigned, including capacity building and training, reporting, and global emergency surveillance.
- Update and maintain the emergency ALERT and Categorization system at RI, and provide regular analyses and presentations.
- Ensure the global Emergency Preparedness and Response (EPR) framework and its tools are used consistently across country teams. Provide support and guidance as needed.
- Under the guidance of the HD, ensure country teams regularly report and communicate on ongoing emergency responses and support country teams with the creation of such communication pieces.
- Strategize ways to improve the organization’s approach to monitoring, tracking, and reporting on humanitarian emergencies and responses.
- Support the Humanitarian Director in promoting alignment to the Core Humanitarian Standards including drafting regular internal and external communications.
- Conduct desk research and produce short briefs for Humanitarian Director and other senior management, as requested.
- Draft presentations, trainings, reports, and graphics as requested, using applications such as power-point, prezi, etc.
- Maintain the structure and content of the Humanitarian department folder structure, and lead on logistics for various meetings and workshops.
- Support the Humanitarian Director in different aspects of humanitarian project management and supervision.
- Programming institutionalization process including drafting regular internal and external communications.
- Support the Humanitarian team on other emergency-related initiatives as needed.
- Prepare Country Updates and Global Situation Reports, and other relevant reports on a regular basis;
This includes collecting information from the country and regional teams, as well as using existing information to edit, update, and draft text creating comprehensive reports for Board Members, Senior Management Teams, and staff, as well as external donors and stakeholders.
International Programs Events and Meeting Series
- Leadership Orientation Weeks
- Help to organize regular week-long orientation events for senior staff based abroad, including support with visa, accommodation, catering, agenda planning, support prior to and during the event, coordination with departments as well as RI’s travel agent.
- Progressively take on responsibility for the planning and management of the Leadership Orientation week.
- Set-up and coordinate (in-person and remote) presentations from country directors, including managing logistics and information sharing.
- Special events (e.g. global workshops and retreats)
- Support the IP department with the management and planning of global events with 40+ attendees from across the world.
- Provide surge capacity and support to country teams on specific issues as needed.
- Provide support for organizational initiatives as needed and work closely with internal and external stakeholders to achieve project objectives such as country registrations, meeting representation and donor report submission.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
This position will require a demonstrated ability to achieve results in a demanding and fast paced environment.
- Three to five years of experience with program management.
- Master's Degree or its international equivalent in international development, or related field. Bachelors degree and additional experience in place of education will be considered as well.
- International or Domestic (US) Program Management & Humanitarian experience preferred.
- Prior work experience in a non-governmental organization (NGO), government agency, or private organization.
- Demonstrated research, writing and editing experience.
- Proven oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and event-management skills.
- Strong and demonstrated program/project management ability.
- Fluency in a foreign language relevant to RI work preferred.
- Ability to travel up to 25-50%, and to fragile environments, if and when required.
- Ability to solve problems and implements corrective action as needed.
- Ability to prepare reports and provide information to management in a timely manner.
- Ability to communicate in a clear, positive manner with diverse clients and staff.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently.
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles: humanity, neutrality, impartiality and operational independence. We affirmatively engage the most vulnerable communities.
- Transparency and accountability
- Agility and innovation