International Programs (IP) Officer
|Location:||Head Office (US, UK or France)|
|Position Location:||USA, UK or France|
**As this is a critical role supporting our International Programmes Team, please apply immediately if you are interested in the role, as we will be interviewing on a rolling basis**
International Programs (IP) Officer
This position can be based in Washington, DC, London or Lyon (you must have the right to work for the country location you are interested in working in)
About RI: Relief International (RI) is a leading global change organization and home to teams of humanitarian activist-professionals committed to transforming adversity into renewal for the world’s most vulnerable populations. By partnering with beneficiaries and communities on the front-lines, RI innovatively bridges the gap between immediate relief and long-term community development.
The IP Officers supports the IP team in the achievement of IP departmental objectives in collaboration with the Humanitarian Director and IP Manager. The Officer works with the IP team and across other departments in implementing key parts of the departmental work-plan including staying informed on humanitarian crises and responses, supporting the design, implementation and advancement of key Program Management, Humanitarian and Program Quality initiatives, as well as grants management and general project management and administrative support.
Reports to: International Programs (IP) Manager; also accountable to Humanitarian Director (HD) for specific projects and responsibilities (around 50%); work to be split determined by need and will shift accordingly.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Program Management and Quality
1. Program Management Framework (PMF) and Program Quality support
a. Support the IP department working in collaboration with the IP Manager on oversight of the Program Management Framework (defines required tools and processes throughout the project life cycle providing resources and guidance to support teams in achieving the highest program quality) including updating and maintaining current content, as well as integrating new content and other adjustments as needed;
b. Under guidance of the IP Manager, support the Program Quality Assessments and data capture process. This includes Smartsheet online data management and support, as well as Power BI dashboards and visualization tools in collaboration with regional and country teams.
c. Problem solve content management issues and collaborate with the IP Manager to ensure PMF and PQ Assessment use and maintenance across the organization;
d. In collaboration with the IP Manager, provide support to teams on the monthly Portfolio management review via Smart sheets and Power BI, and participate in the review as to be determined;
2. Humanitarian Team Support
a. Take responsibility for logistics for various meetings and workshops, designing and analyzing surveys, maintaining action plans and following up with project team members to ensure that we're making progress against deadlines etc.;
b. Update and maintain the emergency ALERT and Categorization system at RI, lead the transition of the system becoming automated, and provide regular analysis and presentations for management use;
c. Ensure the global Emergency Preparedness and Response (EPR) framework and its tools are used consistently across country teams. Provide support and guidance as needed.
d. Under the guidance of the HD, ensure country teams regularly report and communicate on ongoing emergency responses and support regional and country teams with the creation of such communication pieces as necessary. Maintain EPR management systems (databases, calendars etc.)
e. Strategize ways to improve the organization’s approach to monitoring, tracking and reporting on humanitarian emergencies and responses;
f. Conduct ad-hoc desk research and produce short briefs for Humanitarian Director and other senior management, as requested;
g. Draft presentations, trainings, reports and graphics as requested, using applications such as power-point, Prezi etc.;
h. Maintain the structure and content of the Humanitarian department folder structure;
i. Provide surge capacity and support to field teams as needed; including deploying for short-term assignments;
j. Support the Humanitarian Director in the project management of the Cash Transfer Programming (CTP) institutionalization process including drafting regular internal and external communications;
k. Support Humanitarian team on other emergency related initiatives as needed;
International Programs Events and Meeting Series Support
1. Regular Leadership Orientation Week
a. Support the IP Manager with planning of regular week-long orientation events for senior staff based abroad, including support with visa, accommodation, catering, agenda planning, support prior to and during the event, and coordination with key departments as well as RI’s travel agent.
b. Progressively take on responsibility for the planning and management of the Leadership Orientation week.
2. Country Update Series
a. Set-up and coordinate (in-person and remote) presentations from country directors, including managing logistics and information sharing.
3. Special events (e.g. global workshops and retreats)
a. Support the IP department with the management and planning of global events with 40+ attendees from across the world.
Grants and Program Management Support
1. Grant Management & Direct Support
a. Coordinate with Africa, Asia and Middle East regional program staff for grant management and project support as determined by supervisor;
b. Provide surge capacity and support to country teams on specific issues, as needed;
c. Support Regional Teams and Country Offices on red flag issues, meeting representation and other such needs;
1. Provide project management support for organizational initiatives as needed and work closely with internal and external stakeholders to achieve project objectives such as country registrations, meeting representation and donor report submission.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
• This position demands a dynamic individual with a demonstrated ability to achieve results in a demanding and fast paced environment;
• Three to five years of experience with program management;
• Master's Degree or its international equivalent in international development, or related field. Bachelor’s degree and additional experience in place of education will be considered as well;
• Excellent oral and written communication skills;
• Excellent organizational and event-management skills;
• Strong and demonstrated program/project management skills;
• International or Domestic (US) Program Management & Humanitarian experience preferred;
• Fluency in a foreign language relevant to RI work preferred;
• Ability to travel up to 25-50%, and to fragile environments, if required;
• Ability to solve problems and implements corrective action as needed;
• Ability to prepare reports and provide information to management in a timely manner;
• Ability to communicate in a clear, positive manner with diverse clients and staff;
• Demonstrated research, writing and editing experience;
• Self-motivated and able to work with minimal direction;
• Prior work experience in a non-governmental organization (NGO), government agency, or private organization.
Please apply by uploading your cover letter and up-to-date CV on our website.
Due to limited resources only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Please note that to be considered for this role you must be able to provide proof of your eligibility to work in the country you are applying to work.
Note to external agencies, we will not be accepting CVs from third parties.
Relief International is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
Relief International is committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of vulnerable adults and children as a priority. This is reflected in our pre-employment checks and requirement to verify and check the identity and references of all applicants.
Are you a returning applicant?
|Back to Search Results