The primary purpose of this position is to identify and develop new VRS revenues within a specific sales territory. The Account Manager will install SmartVPs and other Purple products at customer locations assigned to them by the Service Operations Manager. The Account Manager will thoroughly educate their assigned customers on the features and benefits of the SmartVP, and how to use the SmartVP and other products and services to place VRS and P2P calls. The Account Manager will be the face of Purple in their local community, prospecting for new sales and providing ongoing account management and support to customers assigned to them in their sales territory.
- Take possession of and manage inventory of SmartVPs and ancillary equipment.
- When onsite, evaluate the customer’s communications needs and propose the appropriate Purple solution to satisfy those needs.
- Install SmartVPs and / or other Purple products, routers, switches, TVs and cables necessary to connect the customer to the Internet and Purple’s video relay service.
- Deliver onsite and in-depth customer training on video relay services, the feature functionality of the SmartVP and other Purple products and services, and explain the benefits of those features based on the customer’s individual needs.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with the customers assigned to them by Purple in their sales territory.
- Maintain the appropriate mix of written correspondence, telephone contacts, online demonstrations and onsite visits with existing customers in order to stimulate interest in Purple’s products and services. Proactively manage sales opportunities through the sales process to close.
- Provide onsite and remote support to assigned customers following the initial installation of Purple products and services.
- Develop a Purple Network in the local deaf community by soliciting referrals for new SmartVPs and other Purple products from assigned customers, submitting the leads for qualification, installing Purple products and services at qualified customers, connecting them with other customers in the assigned base and adding those customers to their account base.
- Maintain appropriate account and territory records using Salesforce.com and other tools provided by Purple.
- Fluency in American Sign Language (ASL) and in-depth knowledge of the Deaf Culture is required;
- Strong technical skills, along with an understanding of the Internet, firewalls, routers, modems, switches and hubs. Prior installation experience is desirable;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Must live within commuting distance of a Purple office location or be able to work from a local home office equipped with high speed Internet;
- Must have a personal automobile;
- Must be able to travel extensively by car in the assigned region and by air on occasion;
- Prior experience in a sales or customer support role is a definite plus.
- Employees may experience the following physical demands for extended periods of time:
- Sitting, standing and walking (95-100%)
- Viewing computer monitor, videophone, and pager requiring close vision (40-60%)
Work is performed in a business or home office environment. Travel to company and customer sites, including some that are out of state will be required.
A competitive compensation package will be awarded to successful candidates. Components will include a base salary, sales commissions and benefits.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to this job. Employees are expected to follow their supervisor’s instructions and to perform the tasks requested by their supervisors.
Purple Communications is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Principals only please.