Business Unit: Corporate Communications & Public Affairs
Location: Halifax, NS
Type of Employment: Regular, Full-time
Nova Scotia Power’s greatest source of energy is our people. In a culture focused on safety and our customers, we’re committed to providing exceptional electricity service to Nova Scotians and rewarding careers for our employees. We’re hiring solution-minded people excited to help us grow into the future. We are currently looking to fill the position of Digital Experience Lead.
In this role, you will join the marketing team reporting to the Director, Brand and Digital Marketing and be accountable for leading the customer facing digital strategy roadmap for NS Power.
The ideal candidate must have a genuine passion and natural curiosity for all things tied to creating and delivering an exceptional digital customer experience. They must be strategic and creative and have superior leadership and project management skills. They understand both the technical and the design principles that enable a best in class user experience. They are a digital strategist who will champion and lead the development and implementation of the customer facing digital strategy that places the customer at the centre of every decision.
- Leads the development of the customer facing digital strategy and roadmap for the organization that delivers a seamless customer experience regardless of the platform.
- Oversees the digital customer experience process design and improvement plans tied to changing customer behaviour and encouraging operational efficiencies with a lens on creating an omni channel experience.
- Leads the user experience vision and strategy to deliver a best in class experience that is seamless and efficient.
- Builds and maintains effective working relationships with internal teams, including those in the Customer Experience, Customer Care, Customer Solutions, Communications and Change Management.
- Collaborates and works closely with the IT team to ensure design alignment with overall technology strategies associated with digital and mobile development.
- Accountable for the customer facing digital roadmap; leading the planning, development, budgeting, execution and evaluation of digital strategies across the organization
- Manages and reports on all digital key business indicators.
- Manages digital agency relationships to deliver exceptional work; on strategy, on-time, on-budget.
- Works closely with the Research team to ensure consumer and market research supports and drives development efforts.
- Manages projects effectively to ensure budgets and deadlines are met
- Leads other strategic initiatives or programs as assigned.
- Role is based in Halifax.Some travel within Nova Scotia maybe required.
- Demonstrates commitment to workplace health and safety
Skills, Capabilities and Experience:
- Highly motivated, energetic and hands-on professional with strong leadership skills who can guide and motivate others.
- Strategic thinker with background in strategy and project management.
- Passionate about delivering an exceptional customer experience.
- Strong collaborator and skilled communicator with exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Mature and self-confident with the ability to work under pressure.
- A true team player with the ability to work independently yet collaborate effectively cross-functionally with both internal and external teams.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical capabilities.
- Strong project management, time management and organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and manage own workload while multi-tasking in order to meet deadlines.
- A sharp eye for detail.
- Excellent written, verbal and listening communication skills.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or College Diploma.
- A minimum of 5 years of recent digital/interactive/mobile marketing and strategy experience including directing the user experience.
- Must have directional knowledge and strong understanding of technical and development processes and requirements.
- In-depth knowledge of the digital landscape and newly emerging technologies and social platforms.
- Experience in project management and managing an integrated cross functional team.
- Experience mining consumer research data and analytics to develop key consumer insights.
Reports to: Director, Brand and Digital Marketing
Form of Application: Click the APPLY button at the end of the online job posting. Complete all required information fields and copy and paste your cover letter and resume into the online form.
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Must Be Received By: All interested candidates should apply no later than May 23, 2019. Late applications may not receive consideration.
Recruitment and Promotion Policy: When filling vacant positions, we are determined to hire the best candidates available. We're committed to providing employees with a fair and equal opportunity to compete for jobs. Hiring and promotion of employees is based on skills, capabilities, knowledge and demonstrated abilities.
We value diversity in the workplace and strongly encourage applications from all qualified candidates including African Nova Scotians and other members of the visible minority community, Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities, and women in non-traditional roles.
Normally, unless otherwise requested in advance, the supervisors of internal candidates selected for an interview will be contacted in order to facilitate scheduling of the interviews. The supervisor will maintain the confidentiality of the employee's application
Complete for Returning Applicants (You have applied for a job with Emera, Nova Scotia Power, Emera Energy, Emera Utility Services or Emera Newfoundland, you are a returning applicant.)
Complete for First Time Applicants (You have never applied for a job with Emera, Nova Scotia Power, Emera Energy, Emera Utility Services, Emera Newfoundland.)