Type of Employment: Regular, Full time
Location: Halifax, NS
Date Posted: January 8, 2019
Nova Scotia Power’s greatest source of energy is our people. In a culture focused on safety and our customers, we’re committed to providing exceptional electricity service to Nova Scotians and rewarding careers for our employees. We’re hiring solution-minded people excited to help us grow into the future. We are currently seeking an ERP Business Systems Analyst to join our ERP Application Support Team in a full time permanent position
Accountabilities: Under the direction of the Manager, ERP Application Support, the ERP Business Systems Analyst is accountable for implementing, supporting, maintaining and evolving enterprise level financial computer systems to meet established customer service levels and maintain IT Operations best practices.
The ERP Business Systems Analyst needs to have the technical ability to support our financial ERP applications and bring an understanding of application related business processes. The ERP Business System Analyst is responsible for day to day application support with a strong focus on Oracle EBS financials and PowerPlan including the ability to:
- Troubleshoot and resolve application problems following standard Incident Management procedures;
- Asses, prioritize and complete application requests in a timely and quality manner following standard Request Management procedures;
- Manage incidents, requests and associated customer communications proactively to completion using standard tracking tools
- Manage and execute application changes using standard Change Management methodologies;
- Perform proactive application error and health monitoring;
- Support and enforce corporate application security policies and procedures through effective access provisioning and user education;
- Perform audit controls and reporting related to application access and usage;
- Effectively self–manage and re-prioritize work to balance resolution of incidents, request fulfillment, and project work to ensure highest priority issues are addressed and deadlines are met;
- Interact with vendors to research and resolve application problems and explore system enhancements;
- Work collaboratively with business partners, system users, peers and vendors;
- Satisfy customer reporting requests through customer education of system functionality or development and execution of reporting, as appropriate;
- Answer customer questions regarding product usage;
- Provide after-hours support.
You will be responsible for your personal safety and that of co-workers by observing all Occupational Health and Safety Rules and Regulations.
Skills, Capabilities and Experience: The successful candidate will have a University degree or diploma in a computer related discipline and between two and five years’ experience in client facing support roles, preferably with ERP Systems.
This role requires:
- Sound ERP Systems support experience for Finance, Supply Chain Management and/or Human Resources enterprise applications is a must– preference is given to financial module experience (Example: JD Edwards Enterprise One, Oracle Financials/ Oracle E-Business Suite, or SAP FI/CO, PowerPlan);
- Proven understanding of accounting and financial concepts in relation to business processes;
- A minimum of two years of strong SQL knowledge;
- Solid analytical and problem solving skills;
- Strong report development skills – specifically the ability to effectively confirm requirements, understand data models and build accurate and effective queries and reports;
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills: the ability to communicate with end users to determine details of issue being experienced, and to clearly define request requirements;
- Ability to understand and bring experience utilizing information technology incident and request management processes and systems.
The following would be an asset:
- Experience with PowerPlan or Oracle E-Business Suite;
- ITIL Foundations training;
- Working knowledge and experience with access security and controls;
- Experience performing proactive IT audit controls;
- Experience satisfying internal and external audit requests for information and evidence.
Reporting To: Finance Systems Manager
Form of Application: Click the APPLY button at the end of the online job posting. Complete all required information fields, and copy and paste your covering letter and resume into the online form.
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Must Be Received By: All interested candidates should apply no later than January 22nd, 2019. Late applications may not receive consideration.
Recruitment and Promotion Policy: When filling vacant positions, we are determined to hire the best candidates available. We're committed to providing employees with a fair and equal opportunity to compete for jobs. Hiring and promotion of employees is based on skills, capabilities, knowledge and demonstrated abilities.
We value diversity in the workplace and strongly encourage applications from all qualified candidates including African Nova Scotians and other members of the visible minority community, Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities, and women in non-traditional roles.
Normally, unless otherwise requested in advance, the supervisors of internal candidates selected for an interview will be contacted in order to facilitate scheduling of the interviews. The supervisor will maintain the confidentiality of the employee's application.